Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

We are a legion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are a legion!

Our users have posted a total of 20569 articles
    We have 1000 registered users
    The newest registered user is Elembee
    Congratulations to Elembee for being our 1000th member! WOO HOO! (no prize)

1000 members, 20,000+ posts, and Michael is within 20 posts away from answering 5,000 questions.

It's great to see it. As I understand it, many connections, friendships and business propositions have transpired over the last 9 months and I think that's great. Too bad Michael isn't around for the next couple of months to gush with us over this. We have to acknowledge the active participation of The Chaos Engineers, the invisible contributions that no one knows about, the coaching, guiding and though sometimes off-topic debating, I think the community have fashioned a portal for itself that does more than I could ever have hoped to do on my own. I get mail all the time thanking me for the site and over the years, and especially since the incarnation of the site, I have been made to feel good about having done it.

But now is the time for the community to thank each other and acknowledge that if it weren't for you, this place wouldn't rock half as much. I've done my part and you've done yours and together we get to communicate with a favorite author and accumulate and enjoy the information related to the work and we get the chance to participate in overwhelmingly intelligent membership and exchange ideas. The bumps in the road have had the effect of refining the system.

See you around!
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

With the abscence of Von Weiner, I have become the "king poster." (a better title than king poser !)
    And I don't see why it won't continue for a long time to come.

Even though I don't have "burning questions" for Michael like when I first joined, I still love coming here...

Mike is the most generous professional writer (celebrity) ever.

This is a haven for intellectuals, which is a gift. My life has been greatly enhanced via the communication on here.

I have made good friendships on here.

Thanks Berry! Thanks everyone!
    \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
    Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Originally posted by Jerico
      Even though I don't have "burning questions" for Michael like when I first joined, I still love coming here...
      Well, as King Poster (and I dimly recall you having other names, which we won't dredge up here) your job is now to help answer the questions, in periods of extended author-absenteeism... but don't go getting any funny ideas about seizing the ruby throne. (That sounds a little like a euphemism, but I'm not sure what for)

Um... this is still by far and away my favourite site on the internet, for a variety of different reasons. It's given me the motivation to read books I might not have had to if the conversations on here weren't so dang high-brow, and also to improve my drawing skills. I've been the lucky recipient of a lot of encouragement and good humour and I'm very grateful for that.

So bless you all, and your cotton socks. :D
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Although I don't post as regularly as some members, I too have been caught up many a time in the sheer scope of this site. If the PH-UK forum evolves into something only half as interesting as this one, I will be over the moon.

It seems appropriate to mention that I have also made some good friends and excellent contacts through the site.

Thanks, Berry, and all involved with the workings of this wonderful community. 1000 more members, I say!
        Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Bravo, Berry! We owe you a lot!

Bravo, Mike! We owe you a lot, too!
          Google ergo sum

Comment

Gate crashing the star party

Look sharpish, Bob!
            Bloody hell!
            They're all here...
            L'Etranger, Dee Crow Seer, Jerico, that Sizemore bloke! What larks we shall have hob nobbing with web based royalty!

Gawd Bless You, Berry Sizemore!

(Although what ever happened to Lucas of Alexandria?)
            "What do you think you're doing? This is a closed set!"

Comment

Three cheers for Berry! Congratulations and hearty thanks! Such a wonderful thing you've done for so many people.

Yes, I think this is the best thing since cotton socks...
              Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

Re: Gate crashing the star party

Originally posted by muckyshoe
                Look sharpish, Bob!
                Eh? What am I looking for? :?
                Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Re: We are a legion!

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                  Hooray for Mike and his great barkeep!
                  "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

A legion? Sounds more like a little over 2 cohorts!

(A Roman legion was approximately 5,000 men. It varied a little over time,
                    from around 4800 to over 5200, depending on the system of organization.)

Still, 1,000 people is an impressive accomplishment.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                      Well, as King Poster (and I dimly recall you having other names, which we won't dredge up here) your job is now to help answer the questions, in periods of extended author-absenteeism... but don't go getting any funny ideas about seizing the ruby throne. (That sounds a little like a euphemism, but I'm not sure what for)

Yes. I am also The Bastard! And then Michael says I may be called "Hoss" as we shall see in WWSon.
                      As long as it's very infrequent when Jerico and "asshole" appear in the same sentence, I can be happy. :)
                      \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                      Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

1,000 memebers!!??!!

I'd say this calls for a little looting and pillaging to celebrate!

Let's all go to a Barnes and Noble and re-arrange their books if they don't have enough Moorcock on their shelves!

Many congrats to Berry for having a site that's WORTH coming back to time and time again!!!!!!!

And, of cuss, to Mr. M, for being Our Gracious Host and Inspiration!!!!!
                        Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Arioch says: 1000 souls? Well done Berisieez'mor, my most faithful servant...

Comment

Heh, when the membership finally reaches 5,000 members, this post may seem prophetic to some. :lol:

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
                            A legion? Sounds more like a little over 2 cohorts!

(A Roman legion was approximately 5,000 men. It varied a little over time,
                            from around 4800 to over 5200, depending on the system of organization.)

Still, 1,000 people is an impressive accomplishment.

LSN
                            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Jerico
                              Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer

Yes. I am also The Bastard! And then Michael says I may be called "Hoss" as we shall see in WWSon.
                              As long as it's very infrequent when Jerico and "asshole" appear in the same sentence, I can be happy. :)
                              :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X