Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Techie help- not sure where to post...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techie help- not sure where to post...

Hello. I don't think that this is the right place to post this, but I can't find anywhere better. I'm trying to create an account, I have filled in the info and received an email to reply to, but when I click on the link this website tells me there is no user of my name in the database, but if I try to re-register the email I used is already taken. Does it take time for the database to be updated or is something glitchy somewhere? I know it says within 24 hours max but this is within 5 minutes. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

You will have been signed up if it says your e-mail address is already registered.

This kind of thing happens on many sites and you should be able to log in after a few consecutive log-in attempts. If not, Berry Sizemore is the guy you need to ask.

Comment

Still nothing. What benefits does membership bring? Obviously I don't need to be a member to post. I just don't want to have to create a new email address for every attempt- I've tried two addys already and had no success with either.

Meh... Whatever. :?

Elric rules anyway!!! Looking forward to the last one! :D

Sob. Last one...

Comment

Never Mind, finally got it to work on the third email address.

Comment

Actually I've just spotted what was wrong- the url to confirm was on two lines in my email and only the first line was made into a link.

Not that this has anything to do with anything. I'll shut up now.

Hello everyone!!!

Comment

Glad you made it on the board. I think you'll find it was worth your trouble.

Comment

Comment

I have to be honest. I've forgotten what being a member does for you.

:oops:

Aaaah,

You can:

create custom boxes
                keep a journal
                have an avatar
                have bragging rights (number of posts)
                see our active users
                have your preferences remembered
                have a public profile

But that's about it.
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Here's a good one: only registered users can access the Downloads!
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Working...
                  X