Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Security and Posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security and Posting

I think Berry should consider stopping anonymous posting in the forums.
    It could lead to flamewars caused by anonymous trolls.

Hey, it's unfair.

Here is too hard to register. At first, you should visit site, than check your mail for new letter through 24 hours, than visit site again and enter your password and this figures for security, than, than, than....................

Maybe someone want to ask just one question or tell his opinion once?

Comment

Re: Security and Posting

Originally posted by Troll
      I think Berry should consider stopping anonymous posting in the forums.
      It could lead to flamewars caused by anonymous trolls.
      Define security.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Just so you know Troll,the last Troll to cause trouble was a member.Now go back under your bridge. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore

Define security.
          Knowing that you've closed the doors against all possible exploits/attacks.

apart from the ones you don't know about

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
            Originally posted by Berry Sizemore

Define security.
            Knowing that you've closed the doors against all possible exploits/attacks.

apart from the ones you don't know about
            This was me, hey if the guest feature was disabled you wouldn't get members forgetting to log in :D
            \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

That's true. The thing is, the member-only will repel those who would wish to maintain their anonimity while making valuable contributions. The contribution, for now, out weighs the trolling. Besides, we can ban the IP addresses of trolls who get nasty.
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

If you shut out trolls youre gonna hafta shut out the goblins and witches and so on and soforth. Then we'll have Al Sharpton and Rev. Jesse Jackson Breathing down our necks. I just dont think its a good idea. :lol:

Comment

I thought Jesse Jackson was just a legend. 8O

Comment

I dont know if you were refering to me, but I still dont have even the slightest foggyest idea why my IP address was banned or why my Corum ID was removed. I had thought that Tanelorn the city of peace and the servants of the cosmic balance etc. would be the first to explain why a person suddenly has to be banned. But I was found guilty without so much as a trial or being able to face my accuser. I dont recall using bad language or posting excessively. Mike wont tell me or doesnt know and neither will anyone else. It is proving to be quite difficult to accept, particularly not understanding the reason, after being a faithful fan of the first order for 3/4 of my lifetime. Is this not sufficient punishment for what ever I was supposed to have done!?????

Comment

I think your questions are answered in the political pressures section,under Why Locked Thread ?? on page two.

Comment

Same Bat time,same Bat post.WOW I'm having double vision,and I'm not even Lou Grahm.

Comment

So you think I my IP address and ID were banned because I uttered something hateful?

This site may be becoming to intellectual for its own good. For example being a fan of Mike and Hawkwind I was somewhat taken aback when Mike utterly attacked with flame lanuguage and venom whch was somewhat hately. Should we now ban Mike!?!? Its ok, I'm a grown up I can understand that things like this happen and I have suggested that they both make up.

Surely a far more constructive approach would be to warn someone that they have said something considered hateful thus giving them the opportunity to correct themselves in future.

So what did I do to offend? Berry paritcularly mentioned hate against Women so by any chance is this all because of this post I wrote this in the sexism thread????

Good sexism and racism??? I never heard that one... is there such a thing???

I thought everytime we even discuss the subject it mean we are being sexist! Best solution is to abandon Sex altogether, just forget it exists, solve all our problems in 60 years or so! I do believe we should all get equal treatment though like why did I have to pay for my PSA test my wife didnt! There would be an uproar bout that !!!!

Ok this was written off the cuff in 90 secs flat lunchtime whilst eating a sandwich...

Good sexism and racism??? I never heard that one... is there such a thing??? I thought everytime we even discuss the subject it mean we are being sexist!

Well that was mentioned in an earlier post... I thought all sexism was bad, to me even just discussing sexism seems to create even more sexism...

Best solution is to abandon Sex altogether, just forget it exists, solve all our problems in 60 years or so!

This was just being flippant about all the problems facing humanity jokingly I said if we there was no sex for 60 years, or for example, like in some old Sci Fi films, we al became sterile after 60 years it would be the end of humanity.... in Just 60 years, fragile arent we !

I do believe we should all get equal treatment though like why did I have to pay for my PSA test my wife didnt! There would be an uproar bout that !!!!

Literally, that very day, I just had to have a test due to prostate problems and a few weeks earlier my wife had her bi annual mamogram. I am having difficulty peeing at times and am concerned that I have prostate cancer, 1 in 8 guys get that you know, but the health services do not want to discuss it presumably because of the cost of treatment. It also makes it difficult to have sex so perhaps you can see why I was a little emotional. In Canada, for some reason guys have to pay for their tests and ladies do not have to pay for any of their tests and quite rightly there is a quite an uproar building up about that here. Is a guys health less important? Not everyone can afford things especially when you are 45, 55, 65 and unemployed with a family to support.

Now if I have had to endure weeks of checking my computer, checking my ISP service, writing countless emails and posts asking why I have been outright banned, then what can I say??? I also found out that I have also been banned from other websites such as Fantastic Metropolis, has Berry pased my IP address out to other website on some kind of global banned list? I wouldnt know, I havent been informed of anything at all.

As far as I am concerned someone around here is losing his grip and needs a holiday and it aint me because I have just had one! Mike do you support this action, I would very much like to be clear regarding this?

Comment

And if it hadnt been for some basic computer skills and determination it would no have been possible for this injustice to be answered... In Tanelorn and under the law of the balance of all places .... incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris
                              Same Bat time,same Bat post.WOW I'm having double vision,and I'm not even Lou Grahm.

Did any of you notice, or am I rampantly speed freak paranoid?, that there are a lot of posts by guests all saying a similar thing in the same language and using the same spellings?

Comment

Working...
                              X