Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Q&A Archive

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q&A Archive

Dear friends,

On November 11th 2003 Oren Douek had the dubious honor of being the very last poster at the original Q&A at multiverse.org. A windstorm tore through Tacoma near the Narrows Bridge and took down the power near midnight. When the power came back up a minute later, our server was dead and it seemed that all the data had been lost.

The next day I was able to retrieve the entire Q&A undamaged and I have had access to the questions and answers since then. Until now, August 7, 2004, I haven’t had the time to import the data into the new version of the website. After about 8 hours of coding in PHP I created a SQL script that allowed me to successfully import the old Q&A into the portal.

That’s right! I finally rescued the old Q&A!

Instead of putting it into the Forum section due to member account issues I put it into the portal. The Q&A archive can be searched, commented, scored and cross-referenced. A friend and myself will create topics, such as, “Michael on Jerry Cornelius�, and cross-reference as many articles as possible. There are 3234 Q&A Archive articles to cross-reference, so it will take some time.

There is no way for me to associate articles that were generated by you with your account. If you want people to know that you posted the question or you want to add more information to the article, just leave a comment. No one’s email address has been published, except where you mentioned it in a question you posted. I wouldn’t expect Michael to go through those articles, so if you want to ask for more information, you might want to leave a new question in the Q&A and link to the Q&A Archive article you are trying to draw attention to. Also, I cannot modify the article in any way. I just don’t have time. Update the information by leaving a comment.

Those readers who have never read the original Q&A are in for a real treat. We are talking about 5 years of Q&A that has been underground for 8 months. This will be a lot of fun and I hope each and every one of you enjoys the rebirth of the old Q&A.

[broken link]Search the Q&A Archive now!
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:31 PM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Terrrrrrific! Congratulations and many, many thanks. The archives are such a thesaurus - a treasure!
    Just checked a couple of things in the section's search machine and found all I thought was lost.
    Very gratefully,
    L'Etranger
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Hands down, you're the best Berry. :D

Comment

Great work (again), Berry! If you're not careful, you'll spoil us more than you already have.

Comment

Re: Q&A Archive

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
          Dear friends,

On November 11th 2003 Oren Douek had the dubious honor of being the very last poster at the original Q&A at multiverse.org. A windstorm tore through Tacoma near the Narrows Bridge and took down the power near midnight. When the power came back up a minute later, our server was dead and it seemed that all the data had been lost.
          I hope this isn't the last post on the new Q&A forum! I doubt I have the power to invoke a windstorm anymore; Lord Shoashooan has been ignoring my summonings since last Christmas.

Excellent job on restoring the Q&A archive. You're the King of the City, Berry!

Regards,

Oren

Comment

Archive

I say old man, but if the articles are not author specific, then how the bally blazes do we track down our original pieces of lit without trudging through all the other stuff?

oh right

trudging now, sir!

seriously old top one can't seem to get past the first (or is that last) page of the archives!

its pure banana oil!

m'Uckyshoe
            "What do you think you're doing? This is a closed set!"

Comment

Just search for your name.

In the meantime, I'll get the banana oil and rub the computer down.
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

old stuff

Spit spot

Berry my fastidious friend, the actual articles were a scene from my stage play about whether jhary was dead or not... then we all went back to the end of time for a right royal knees up.

THAT's the one I'm after.

I have been to the future.

The suspense WAS killing me!

m'Uck etc etc

Comment

just curious - can we search for specific topics in the Q&A archive, and transfer interesting passages (copy آ´n paste) into the forums for continuing discussion, can we (partially) do that? or did you mean with "leaving a comment" to point readers to the older messages - but it would be much more accessible doing that on the forums. one could always post a link to the QA for further reading, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X