Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

censorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• censorship

i have noticed that any legitimate critisicism of you Berry mysteriously disappears.Can i call you bombastic now?

Eris

Actually, I moved that thread to Community Exchange. Here's the URL:

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 03:55 AM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I would be careful in my criticism of Berry's judgments. After all, he has been gracious enough to provide us this forum and asks very little in return. Anyone who has that kind of generosity has judgment I trust.

Comment

Right, Doc! But watch what happens if you dare criticize his haircut!

Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
          Right, Doc! But watch what happens if you dare criticize his haircut!

lol! :lol:

MJR and Jericho can attest to the fact that I look exactly like my avatar. Not only do I use my real name at the website, I use my real face! :D
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

If that's the case, should we call it a haircut in the absence of hair? :D

Comment

I have a set of clippers I got at Costco for $25. I cut my mop down about once every two weeks. I do have a family widow's peak. I recently noticed a solar panel forming on the top of my head. I started clipping my hair when I noticed my uncle's and father's solar panels. I decided to do what genetics was going to do so that I could have the credit for being "stylish". :-) It solved another problem I was having: I was vain with the hair I had. I clipped off the mop and some of my insecurites went away. I believe the clippers was a turning point in my personality.

The short hair causes people to misjudge my age. For some reason that is heartening.

Comment

Who ever invented those clipper-things? Can't we recommend the person for a Nobel Prize ... if so much happiness is set free (instead of what the other inventions set free).
                Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                  It solved another problem I was having: I was vain with the hair I had. I clipped off the mop and some of my insecurites went away.
                  I have to agree. When I had longer hair I was always checking it in the mirror, and having to tell myself I was being stupidly vain (luckily I know a good Dweezil Zappa song about vanity, so at least I had a theme song!). But now that I've clipped the hairs to within half-an-inch of their life, I barely even notice mirrors. Hurrah!

Sadly I haven't noticed any of my other insecurities go away just yet, but c'est la vie!

L'E, they'll only give the Nobel Prize to clippers once someone discovers a way to make them explode and kill thousands of people at a time. :(

D...
                  "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Oh, how I'm tempted to have a go at those clippers myself! Especially in summer. But the Memsahib doesn't allow.

Actually, come to think of it, I did cut off all my hair when I was 18! The Lady of my choice at that time would only receive me wearing a hat (since then I owe a lot to Australia): http://www.5rar.asn.au/prothero.jpg or
                    http://www.firstaif.info/42/images-4...slouch-hat.jpg (but without the badges and stuff)
                    Perhaps we could talk to the Nobel committee about both the clippers and the Diggers' hats ?

Flutegirl around somewhere?
                    Google ergo sum

Comment

Ahm, me again.
                      Berry, if you come over to the old world sometime, you may borrow my Aussie Slouch hat, if you like.
                      Google ergo sum

Comment

That hat makes me think of Jhary-a-Conel's hat. If you toss in a cat with wings, I'll be over directly.

Comment

I dont expect an answer because I have asked a few times now,
                          but I would like to ask again why both the IP addresses in my area and also my Corum ID have been locked out without notification or reason?

It doesnt stop me from posting its just very peculiar if you see what I mean. A simple request to stop posting certain things or indeed stop altogether would have been honoured without question. Are there any others out there that have been affected?

Comment

Working...
                          X