Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Cant Login please advise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Login please advise...

Login and Registration Issues
    Why can't I login?
    Have you registered? Seriously, you must register in order to login. Have you been banned from the board (a message will be displayed if you have)? If so then you should contact the webmaster or board administrator to find out why. If you have registered and are not banned and you still cannot login then check and double check your username and password. Usually this is the problem, if not then contact the board administrator they may have incorrect configuration settings for the board.

ok fixed it myself... now why do I need to use a proxy server to gain access within Vancouver area??

Comment

Well, welcome back and hope you'll decide to stay.
      L'Etranger
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Thanks L'Etranger, I didnt intend to leave I have been unable to access the site for 4-5 weeks - I keep getting redirected to google.ca...

Comment

The web, Microsoft, and all connected with computers above all are not really fully logical, there is nearly always some bug to expect. It is amazing how something so imperfect fascinates and actually dominates so many.
          Eh?
          Google ergo sum

Comment

L'Etranger I can happily live with what ever the cause might be, whether it is a Canada wide government ban, FBI ban, or a the site admin ban by redirecting ALL IP addresses from this area... My cable modem company found nothing wrong this end, I simply wish to know who is doing what and why, because to me it is absurd and childish to do such a thing especially when you see some of the nonesense that gets posted around here...

Comment

OK, well since yesterday my Corum account has been locked out again and now when I try to access the site I get redirected to www.shaw.net which is a bad gateway... Again no explanation or reason given... Hopefully Mike can tell me what I am suppossed to have done!

Comment

Can any of our erstwhile Chaos Engineers shed some light on Corum's problems - I've tried helping him with DNS lookups and proxy servers, but frankly networking was never my field - and as it all works for me, it's doubly hard to find the source of the problem.

I've not tried reversing the polarity yet.

Comment

Sorry I can't help much. I'm not too genned up on the networking stuff myself. You might need Berry or Chris' help on this one but you are welcome to send me an e-mail (just click the e-mail link at the bottom of this post) if you want and I'll try to help with what little knowledge I have. My only advice might be to give your PC a good kick and say 'Heeeeyyyyyy' (the Fonz method). Seriously though, I might by sheer fluke manage to come up with something half sensible.

Comment

Working...
                  X