Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What the Heck Happened to the Avatar Page?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Heck Happened to the Avatar Page?!

Why were all the cool Moorcockian images replaced with primarily "smiley" variations? It's not a big deal or anything, but given the small file size required to import your own it is damaging to the look of the site IMO.
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Hmm. What's more the Avatar I selected didn't even take...
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Hmm, my Avatar has pissed off, too!

Maybe they're all out to lunch?
      Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

It appears that some people still have them, and the Elric style ones at that. Hopefully someone will respond soon...

Comment

I've sent an e-mail asking Berry if he knows what's up.

For what it's worth, I made my avatar myself and loaded it, which may have something to do with why it still shows...
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I'll look into this as soon as I can. Probably something related to our migration from one ISP to the other. Hang in there and don't hound me too much. These problems are time consuming and I have a family.
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

No hounding here, I was just honestly wondering what's going on. If you recently changed ISP, that's a likely source of the trouble.

Comment

For the time being, uploading your own avatar might be a fix. If you do not have the tools required to make one, I would be happy to make one for you. Just let me know what you want the avatar to be and I'll create it and send it to you. If you have a certain image you want the avatar to be of, send it to me at [email protected] (remove my pants first*).

I'd personally like to see some avatars again instead of red Xs.

*That's a krunky joke, by the way. Gotta give credit where it's due!

Comment

Cool, what I'd really like to have is this image:

http://home.earthlink.net/~deadair3/images/thekla4.jpg

which I link directly to on EZ Board. It'd be nice to have that option here as well, though I don't want Berry to think I'm riding him about it, cuz I'm not. It's an actual picture of me, so I'm partial to it.

I'll e-mail the link to you as well, but I posted it here for good measure.

Comment

Okay, I have sent you a few to choose from. 8)

Comment

I've uploaded those avatars again. Sorry for the delay
                      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Hmm. They don't seem to have stuck, or else I'm just having weird problems with them.

Thanks PWV for the help with a personal one. I hope to have my own computer back soon enough that I'm waiting to upload it from there...

Comment

Hmm. Another weird thing I've noticed. My post count seems frozen at 77. I'm not complaining though, I like it here in Tanelorn, and it could be worse, I could have Corum's problems.

Comment

O.k., go figure, I post that and for the first time in forever, it goes up. Arioch controls the 'puters of the multiverse (and I mean the big one, not just this board) without a doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by Dead-Air
                              Hmm. Another weird thing I've noticed. My post count seems frozen at 77. I'm not complaining though, I like it here in Tanelorn, and it could be worse, I could have Corum's problems.
                              I think the post count only goes up when you post the first time in a topic, or if you start a new one.

Multiple posts in the same topic, like me in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Alphabet, where I'm at #178, don't count.

But this post, another post of mine in this topic, bumps ne up to 179, so . . . WTF??
                              Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Working...
                              X