Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Multiverse Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiverse Theme

Just wondered what theme everyone uses for browsing the Multiverse. I'm currently using Black Blade which is fab. I'm probably behind the times here as I've only just found out about the ability to change which theme one can browse Multiverse in by following a thread Berry posted elswhere on the forum. :roll:

I use whichever one the default one is... sort of greyish blue with nasty orange text. I did look through the other themes, but I couldn't decide which one to have, so in the end I just stayed with the default one.

This anecdote will not be appearing in my autobiography ('Dee for Dee-lightful') (or possibly 'Dee for In-Dee-cisive').

D...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Where and how does one view the other themes? I tried through profile and all I get is one option - Board Style: SubSilver. If that's it, how do I get more options?

Comment

Krunky, I found it from the 'Your Account' link on the bottom of the sidebar on the left in the Modules section, then the 'themes' button on the next page. There was the option to choose from a drop down list of about twelve themes.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
          Krunky, I found it from the 'Your Account' link on the bottom of the sidebar on the left in the Modules section, then the 'themes' button on the next page. There was the option to choose from a drop down list of about twelve themes.
          Yeah, and they all suck except for ExtraLite (the default) and Black Blade, which is sweet. It does have a couple of flash tidbits, so you may have to download that, unless your are using Microsoft Exploder.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Yes, Berry is absolutely correct. BlackBlade is at least very "designed." The others seem somewhat thrown together.

Comment

I found that I can't use blackblade. Too harsh.
              just using the computer with more normal, generic graphics and layout
              is hard enough on my eyes and brain!
              \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
              Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

:!: Okay, well, I follow Grey Mouser's instyructions to a tee and when I click the "Theme" link, it just reloads the same page. No dropdown for themes, just the same old one for selecting a site from which to read the Headlines. I shoulkd add that the url in my browser indicates that it has loaded the "chngtheme" page...

If I click "Edit User" I get "Access Denied".

I would like to see this Black Blade Theme of which you all speak.
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Mmm, that's odd. Perhaps the Black Blade theme is mystical, like Tanelorn, and you can only get to it in the right frame of mind. Seriously though, I just tried again and it seems ok, perhaps Berry, Chris or Von might be able to shed some light. If all else fails PWV I'll take a screen print and post it here.

Comment

Oh, hey. It works here on my home computer. Looks pretty cool. I'm going back to the original now; this is too much to get used too.

It does make me rethink the use of colored fonts in my posts, though. Dark Blue, for instance, is nearly illegible in this (Black Blade) theme.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                      Oh, hey. It works here on my home computer. Looks pretty cool. I'm going back to the original now; this is too much to get used too.

It does make me rethink the use of colored fonts in my posts, though. Dark Blue, for instance, is nearly illegible in this (Black Blade) theme.
                      Your computer at work probably has a content filter on the network smacking cookies down. Or your IE prefs are different. Or anything really could be fux0ring with your ability to mess with themes.

:roll:
                      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Yes, these oppressive work environments are a drag. Though it may be my IE settings, because my login cookie seems to work (most of the time, anyway).

Oh, and it's "get used to," not "get used too." Sheesh. I really should be more careful. :?

Comment

Glad you got to try it out at last Psychic. Yes, it can jar the senses a little when you first use it, as it's quite a contrast to the default. After using it for 3 days though I don't think I can go back now. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
                            After using it...though I don't think I can go back now.
                            Hmmm, the "Black Blade" does seem to have that affect on some...

Comment

I use the Black Blade theme. Though right now with a motherboard puking out on this POS computer, Im stuck with 16 color 640 x 480 res and blade black is atrocious on that setting. Im using who knows what now, just something to tolorate until I get this system fixed.

Actually whatever site Im on, if theres an option to customize, I always use the black theme. My desktop is set for black *shrug* Its my fav color so you can be sure thats how everything is set up if I can help it. ^_^
                              Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

Working...
                              X