Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello, all.

I've been a member on here for some time now, but don't post as much much as I'd perhaps like to. So, I shall take this an oppurtuninty to finally introduce myself!

er...

Hi! I'm Bob :D
    Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Hello Bob!

As a man who was exposed to Twin Peaks far too early in life, I always find the name Bob slightly sinister, but I'll try not to show it as I wave a hearty hello! :D

Also, good luck with the webzine I've just read about in the Q&A section. Whilst I'm really not in any position to cheer people on to leave their jobs, I do admire your courage and determination.

D...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Hi, Bob!

Have you heard any new "Bob" jokes lately?
      \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
      Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

When I hear Bob I think of Blackadder rather than Twin Peaks...
        Statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy.

Comment

Hi Bob, I'm VonWeiner!

Nice to meet you...
          When they had advanced together to meet on common
          ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
          and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
          each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
          mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
          killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Originally posted by Elwher
            When I hear Bob I think of Blackadder rather than Twin Peaks...
            Me too! And I don't even live in Britain! :D I love that episode...

Hi Bob!
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Hi Bob!

Now I feel like I'm at a 12 step meeting. :)

Glad you're posting.

Comment

Hey.

Despite people often being worried that they may irritate me with 'Bob jokes', I really don't mind... or should I say, I rather like the Blackadder references as I'm a huge fan. Shame about the first series though...
                Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Oh, and D, thanks for the sentiment. I'm terribly nervous about it all, but everything seems to be falling into place at the moment so I really would kick myself for not taking advantage of the current circumstances in years to come. You only live once, eh?

Comment

I just read what you're doing on the Q&A. Good luck! You have guts to follow your hopes like that. I would always rather regret something I did, rather than something I didn't do.

Comment

Working...
                    X