Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

I didn't know where I should introduce myself, so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know where I should introduce myself, so...

Hi, everyone!
    Specially you, Mr. Moorcock!
    I've just finished the Elric series, and I must say that I fell in love with the story at the very begining, so I couldn't stop reading until I finished (it took me three weeks to read eight books, even as I had to go to school and everything). These are by far the best fantasy books I've ever read!
    Now I'm looking forward to read more books by you, Mr. Moorcock; tough it will be kinda difficult since local libraries doesn't have the titles . Anyway, I hope you will forgive my unexperience and welcome me here.
    Bye!
    (If I spell wrong, please make me notice... english is not my native language.)
    Sweet moons!

Hello!

I wouldn't worry about the spelling if I were you, I'm an English "native" and seem to leave lots of mistakes in my posts. (I actually have a dictionary by the computer, so I really have no excuse).

Hope you enjoy the forum, and find more of Moorcock's work soon!

D...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.
      Most of the stuff is still around in inexpensive second hand editions, but I also donate to libraries sometimes. So should you be in touch with your librarian and they wish to write to me, I might well be able to improve on your available material!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Welcome Alexa,
        This is a wonderful place and there are many topics to explore. Do not worry about the spelling because some times i type so fast and make mistakes. We are all only human even if some think differently. Also, i find my dictionary to be quite handy. If you have any questions, please feel free to voice them because you are in a community of very kind and intelligent people who will help you out. They always answer my needs.
        And Michael is not such a bad bloke no matter what they say.
        Have fun!
        "But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm trying real hard to be the shepard."

Comment

Hello Alexa,

Very glad you can join us! It's wonderful that you have discovered Mr. Moorcock's books and I look forward to seeing more of you around here.

And please do not worry about spelling, I make mistakes constantly and no one says anything to me. Plus if english is not your native language, you're braver than I for writing in it!

Anyway nice to "meet" you! :D
          When they had advanced together to meet on common
          ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
          and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
          each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
          mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
          killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Ditto! :)

I don't think I can live without multiverse.org: MWM at this point!

Everybody, I'd like to say, "I LOVE YOU, MAN!!"
            (whew! ok got that off my chest. breathe, Jer. calm down. ok)
            ;)
            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Hello and welcome to this wonderful club, Alexa!
              Your profile says you're in Sonora? Must be wild and beautiful.
              I only know DF, the South, Yucatأ،n and Veracruz and loved it!

Best regard,
              L'Etranger
              Google ergo sum

Comment

Thank you very much for welcoming me here!

Yupe, I live in Sonora's capital, which is a city just in the middle of the desert, so it is a desertic city... very beautiful in it's particular dry style.
                And, Mr. Moorcock, thanks! Your books are kinda hard to find down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                  Thank you very much for welcoming me here!

Yupe, I live in Sonora's capital, which is a city just in the middle of the desert, so it is a desertic city... very beautiful in it's particular dry style.
                  And, Mr. Moorcock, thanks! Your books are kinda hard to find down here.
                  It was me, it's just that I had a little problem while loggin in. :oops:
                  Sweet moons!

Comment

Re: I didn't know where I should introduce myself, so...

Originally posted by Alexa
                    Now I'm looking forward to read more books by you, Mr. Moorcock; tough it will be kinda difficult since local libraries doesn't have the titles .
                    Are there any particular titles interest you? Many of us here could help find them.

Comment

Welcome Alexa! Sorry I'm late... busy weekend. Hope you find this place as welcoming and fun as the rest of us do! Just try not to let it get in the way of work...
                      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Re: I didn't know where I should introduce myself, so...

Originally posted by Doc
                        Originally posted by Alexa
                        Now I'm looking forward to read more books by you, Mr. Moorcock; tough it will be kinda difficult since local libraries doesn't have the titles .
                        Are there any particular titles interest you? Many of us here could help find them.
                        I'll be more than happy to read every title I can put my hands on ^^
                        Sweet moons!

Comment

Hi Alexa - I have a good Oxfam bookstore near me that always has a shelf of cheap old Moorcock paperbacks so I will see what non-Elric ones I can find this weekend. Postage might be a bit much (from UK)! Click on the e-mail button below this message if you're interested.

www.abebooks.com is always good to find books.

Comment

Working...
                          X