Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The VonWeiner Avatar Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The VonWeiner Avatar Pack

Inspired by DeeCrowSeer's avatar pack, VonWeiner, not to be out done in volume, comes through with numerous avatars of an EC theme and other familiar images.

To check them out and maybe use one, click on the "Profile" link just above this announcement. Once you are at your profile, scroll all the way down. At the bottom of that page, just click the "Show Gallery" button.

If you feel inspired to make some avatars, please do so, but produce 10 - 30 80 pixel x 80 pixel, 10k or less, avatars. We'll make arrangements to get the from you. We refer to a bundle of avatars as an avatar pack. Thanks VW.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Ha, no big deal for mine. Just cropped and resized stuff, nothing original like DeeCrowSeer's. His are much better since he made them. 8)
    I might even have to snatch one. I love the first one with the Elric-like guy saying no no no no no!

If any of you have some just email them to Berry in a zip file. If you don't have a zip program, you can get one here http://www.winzip.com
    Its an "evaluation" copy (shareware) but it will zip files/folders. If you need more info just ask. :D
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

That's a great little avatar pack Von. Lot's of Frazetta in the mix. I have changed my avatar to one of your selection. Who is portrayed here and who is the artist?

Comment

That is Severian from The Shadow of the Torturer by Gene Wolfe. Not sure of the artist. I'll get back to you on that one. I have some closer up ones of that image which I will send to Berry (along with some others).

:D

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Looking forward to the new ones too Von. Ah, so that's the famous Severian with Terminus Est :)

Comment

I sent some more to Berry last night so you should see them soon. I have another pack I am gathering now. :D

hey Mouser, what color is my name at the bottom of the Forums page? Green or Orange?

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Your name appears in orange Von, same as Berry. Looks cool to me.

Comment

VW: I found the problem, but I can't fix it. The phpbb forum admin pages have a friggin bug. I'll hack that apart tonight.
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Hmmm, Berry and I have had a bit of discussion about that. We didn't know if it was my computer showing that or something else. I am a moderator like you, but I am showing up in admin colors.

I say again, Hmmm... :?

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                    VW: I found the problem, but I can't fix it. The phpbb forum admin pages have a friggin bug. I'll hack that apart tonight.
                    /VonWeiner pictures Berry in the wee hours, pouring of documentation and code, bitching all the while :lol:

Kool Berry. I am answered. I thought I was crazy (well maybe so, but on this at least, I am not :? )

I like the orange but, I am one of those people that just can't leave well enough alone. I guess it's from working on programs. If I think there's a bug, I dig and dig and dig, till I find it. It drives me nuts if I can't figure it out. Even went to the nuke site and trolled through the trouble-shooting/bug-reports pages.

Thanks brudda! :D

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Any question in your mind why I don't have a Bug Report fourm? :lol:

Comment

Dear VonWeiner, the orange is stylish, keep it by all means!

Saludos,
                        L'E
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                          Dear VonWeiner, the orange is stylish, keep it by all means!

Saludos,
                          L'E
                          Ain't up to me my friend. Its Berry's call. Me showing up as admin might confuse people. I may get emails from people asking questions about the site. I do kinda like the feeling of being designated "Administrator", but "what's in a name" as they say! :lol:

Berry is the one who gets the Admin title. And as he said its a bug. If he's like me, he'll just want to fix it for the sake of fixing a bug. I don't think he cares too much if I show up orange.

:lol:

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

22 more avatars have been added to this avatar pack.

Comment

Kewl. Thx Berry! You da man! 8)

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Working...
                              X