Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Your first Moorcock Book - which, when, where?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to The Multiverse Steerpike0!
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• My first was "The Knight of the Swords", and then I went through the rest of Corum's first chronicle. I was somewhere between 6 and 8 at the time, which was back in the late 70s.

My older brother got fed up reading them to me, so I knuckled down to it.

Comment

• Jr high school, 7th grade, library, about 1977. I was the kid walking down the hall with my nose in a book. I think it was `weird of the white wolf` but i was readfing 3-4 books a week back then. My parents bought me sci-fi anthologies starting in second grade, still have some of them. :-) p.s I was also the kid asking the librarian to order books for me. I will have to re-read Michaels series, since they seem to have sort of blended together over the intervening 50 years. great reads, all of them!! Lately, been reading a lot more history. Hannibal and Scipio Africanus. :-) Livy

Comment

• The Twilight Man, way back when I was about 9 or 10. And I'm 61 now... spent the next 30 years reading everything MM wrote and at one time could proudly boast that I had a copy of everything he had published even including his various pseudonyms. Usual Elric fanboi when younger, but my heart belongs to Jerry Cornelius, followed by the Dancers at the end of time series. Plus Gloriana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rochester View Post
            The Twilight Man, way back when I was about 9 or 10. And I'm 61 now... spent the next 30 years reading everything MM wrote and at one time could proudly boast that I had a copy of everything he had published even including his various pseudonyms. Usual Elric fanboi when younger, but my heart belongs to Jerry Cornelius, followed by the Dancers at the end of time series. Plus Gloriana.
            Welcome to the Miscellany Ronper and Rochester !🙂... It seems that you (both) got off to an early start with the works of our Site Host (and Fearless Leader.) At age nine i had just began reading A. E. Van Vogt to be closely followed by Ray Bradbury and more of the usual suspects of the old guard (1950's Science Fiction.)

When i started reading Moorcock at the age of 12 (with Stormbringer in the last weeks of 1977) i dared not reveal that fact to my friends at the time for fear of the ensuing campaign of lousy puns that would come my way!
            🙄

Later on in my High School years i could not help but notice that my English teacher for three years kept a Dancers at the End of Time poster as a decoration on the wall above and behind his desk.
            Last edited by Kymba334; 07-02-2020, 05:14 PM.
            Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Working...
            X