Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Another Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Noob

Hello everyone.

I've just kicked myself so hard for not finding this place before that I may never walk again!

I've been a fan of Mr. Moorcock's work for most of my adult life and owe him a great debt of gratitude for rescuing me from the evil clutches of Tolkien and his imitators.

It's hard to say which are my favourite books/characters...so I won't (though you never forget your first, and for me it was Elric)

..oh, and no, I'm not the football playing Phil Neville

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany. I think you'll find a lot of non-footballers kicking themselves when they arrive here for the first time for various reasons. This site, well, is a kick! The best part is that Mr. Moorock answers questions here with varying degrees of regularity, because he still writes and travels extensively. While we await his return when he is away, we socialize with one another. You'll find an ever increasing diversity here as non-native English readers and writers congregate to compare notes and offer the friendly word. I hope you enjoy our site.
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Welcome Phil. Here we are "happy few" as you can see
      Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Hello Phil.

I too wondered why I did not find this place earlier! hehe!

Welcome!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Welcome aboard !

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Welcome !

Comment

Originally posted by Reinart der Fuchs
              Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany. I think you'll find a lot of non-footballers kicking themselves when they arrive here for the first time for various reasons. This site, well, is a kick! The best part is that Mr. Moorock answers questions here with varying degrees of regularity, because he still writes and travels extensively. While we await his return when he is away, we socialize with one another. You'll find an ever increasing diversity here as non-native English readers and writers congregate to compare notes and offer the friendly word. I hope you enjoy our site.
              What he said!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Neville
                ..oh, and no, I'm not the football playing Phil Neville
                Hiya Phil! Being a Scouser, as I am, I celebrate the above fact

Welcome aboard this marvellous multi-dimensional vessel.

Thinks.. I wonder if Stephen Gerrard reads fantasy?
                He's well smoked

Comment

Welcome

Me too, couldn't believe I had never found the site before, welcome to the Multiverse!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

Greetings, Phil:

I also only recently joined this body of souls. Welcome, well met!
                    "My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night;
                    But ah my foes and oh, my friends, it gives a lovely light" - Edna St Vincent Millay

Comment

Working...
                    X