Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

I am new to the site, but have been a Michael Moorcock fan since I “discovered” Elric back in 1988. A friend of mine turned me onto the books and so I went to the bookstore at the mall and picked up Elric of Melnibone; I haven’t been the same since.

I read every Elric book that I could find at the time and soon crossed over to Corum, Hawkmoon and Erekose. I know there are other incarnations of the Champion Eternal, however I never did get around to reading them… yet.

I actually studied the Elric books because I wanted to become a writer (I am a writer, not published, but I can live with that), and so I re-read the Elric books again (for about the 20th time each), and paid close attention to how grammar and sentence structure was put together. I also paid close attention to Mr. Moorcock’s writing style, how it was all put together and connected from one idea to the next, and how the over all big picture looked.

I’d like to think that it is Mr. Moorcock has had the most impact upon my own writing style more then any other author; a fact that I very happy about.

Thank you.

Dorian

Welcome, Dorian! Glad to have you aboard!

Don't hesitate to ask for directions, whenever needed.

If you haven't yet seen this forum: Enclave at the End of Time - you might find it of interest
    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
    -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Indeed Welcome Dorianofkoln and Season's Greetings
      ps: hope that jewel doesn't give you too many headaches.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Perhaps your jewel can have a Christmas motive skin for a coupla days?
        Bien venue, Dorian!
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Welcome man !

Comment

Thanks!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has said hello to me, Thank you!

And with that, its time to explore a little more of this site. I just hope I don;t run into any black swords...

Comment

Welcome here Dorianofkoln, hoping you're fine
              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Hi Dorianofkoln, nice to meet you! I look forward to bouncing ideas etc. between us.
                He's well smoked

Comment

Hello!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Greetings, Dorian, from a fellow newcomer. Good luck with your writing career as well. Well met, Sir!
                    "My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night;
                    But ah my foes and oh, my friends, it gives a lovely light" - Edna St Vincent Millay

Comment

Working...
                    X