Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello, Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muroc
    replied
    and welcome Stevie Gee - I never did smoke really but the bikes, broads and booze sound good. ... hang on who mentioned 'broads'? - sorry politically incorrect should read motorcycles, broads and booze
    (thinks a certain Rose will beat me about the head for that
    Last edited by Muroc; 12-19-2006, 03:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hieronymus
    replied
    Hallo UncleDes and welcome Stevie Gee!

Leave a comment:

• Madrigal Rose
    replied
    Welcome UncleDes and Stevie Gee!

Seems you feel right at home already.

Good times!

Leave a comment:

• Stevie Gee
    replied
    Hi All

Hello, and what a great forum. I've just registered after finding the site (I googled "Multiverse" and found my way here).

I've been a big MM (& Hawkwind) fan for a long time now.

I used to just drink, smoke & ride motorbikes until a mate lent me two books, "The Eternal Champion" and "Behold The Man".

Now I just drink, smoke, ride motorbikes & read. Having scanned a few threads and picked up on the possibility of an Elric movie I may even become a cinema go'er.

Leave a comment:

• Governor of Rowe Island
    replied
    Originally posted by UncleDes
    ...I liked the image so much, I nicked it for my avatar....
    Glad you liked it Unk.

Leave a comment:

• Kipper
    replied
    Hi UncleDes! Hello from me as well. Your comments on IQ are well aimed, this site's been good exercise for mine!

Leave a comment:

• voilodian ghagnasdiak
    replied
    The more post's....The more runes.
    Kind of a reward system.
    Hello.

Leave a comment:

• Muroc
    replied
    Howdy UncleDes ! Sounds like Mr Weston was my sort of teacher. I reckon' your mother would have enjoyed reading your MM books because mine sure did. Good to see you found us.

Leave a comment:

• Morgan Kane
    replied
    Welcome Uncle Des !

Leave a comment:

• UncleDes
    replied
    Thanks!

Hey Electro and Guvner: I liked the image so much, I nicked it for my avatar....

Now if I could just see what this BlackSword with different numbers of runes on it is for...

Cheers,

UD

Leave a comment:

• Governor of Rowe Island
    replied
    Welcome UncleDes, you'll certainly find some interesting conversations here, there are plenty who share your love of Hawkwind. I'm quite partial to them myself.

Why is it I thought of this man when I saw your name?

Leave a comment:

• Necrocute
    replied
    'lo.
    Ah Live Chronicles, I remember excitedly finding the C.D in Virgin one Christmas a few years ago, bringing it home, and playing it to my dad who often talked about the time he'd seen Motorhead and Hawkwind in Bridlington, only for him to proclaim 'That's not f*cking Hawkwind'.

My dad's musical experience appears to have ended circa '77
    I appear to have little experience with anecdotes....

Leave a comment:

• UncleDes
    started a topic Hello, Everyone!

Hello, Everyone!

Hello, folks. Sorry that this is a nickname (from my Leicester University - Chemistry days in the 80's), rather than my real name, but I'm happy to be here. I've found that even the most "secure" data can sometimes be Googled, much to my chagrin.

I've been a Moorcock fan since I was lent books by a teacher called Mr Weston at a school in Coningsby, Lincs., and have never looked back. They were the first Corum series (the "Swords" ones), and rather intriguing for a 10 year old - if a little adult, perhaps. I also read the Count Brass series before the Runestaff ones, as my Mum bought them for me: can't remember if she read them, too - she used to read all that kind of thing, but she prefers real history these days.

I often reread Michael Moorcock's books, as I come across them in used book stores, and it's interesting how the books themselves have changed but little (with the possible exception of the Ice Schooner, perhaps: how many times has that been rewritten?), yet now they evoke different emotions as I get older.

I love Hawkwind very much, and my favo(u)rite album is the Live Chronicles - I was so glad they put the Michael Moorcock vocals back in for the CD release. Favorite track is still "Moonglum" - just great Huw Lloyd Langton guitar work. Huw's incredibly underrated: rarely going for minor/blues scales (except for deliberate effect, like "Needle Gun"), which makes his stuff very different-sounding, and a bit more of a challenge to emulate. For you musos out there, Google: hawkwind powertabs - for more details.

Anyway - nice to be here; I sense the average IQ here is a little higher than the average forum.

UD
Working...
X