Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Belated Greetings to all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated Greetings to all!

Apologies to all as well! Here I am passing comments and stuff without even having the courtesy to say 'Hi' first. Shame on me!

Like everyone here, I love much of Michael Moorcocks' work. Personally, I count him as being one of the constants in my life since the 1970's - both through his books and his links with Hawkwind (or is that Hawkwind's links with his books?).

Unlike everyone here I am only semi-computer literate! Which means that I can stumble around the site but haven't really got a clue what's going on. Or how to use it properly...

I live and breathe Fantasy (capital F) in most of it's derivations: Books, games and music. Some form of escapism is necessary for where I live! Sword and Sorcery is my most favourite sub-genre. LRPG, AD&D, Runequest and Warhammer are the games I'm used to. The music depends on the mood!
    I read sci-fi as well, books and comics (2000ad since prog 1), but always come back to the swordplay eventually!

Hi again, hope to drop in on your threads soon!
    He's well smoked

Welcome man ......

Comment

Hello, Kipper, and welcome!
      I think it's cool to wander through the halls here, get your bearings and then introduce yourself. Make yourself at home

Originally posted by Kipper
      Unlike everyone here I am only semi-computer literate! Which means that I can stumble around the site but haven't really got a clue what's going on. Or how to use it properly...
      Anything specific I can help with?
      There are many others here, gracious and more knowledgeable than I, ready to help.
      Last edited by Madrigal Rose; 11-23-2006, 09:06 AM.
      Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
      -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Well, I think that your kind words are as gracious as can be! I thank you for them, and for your offer of help. As I'm still such a newbie, I'll not change anything on my profile as yet, but I would like to change my name and maybe add an icon/picture or something. Kipper will do for now - I've been stuck with it for 30 years, so a bit longer won't hurt!
        He's well smoked

Comment

Anytime. My reply is corrected to say what I meant to say. I always pay when I post before the first cup of java
          Name change may require an Administrator.
          Almost anything else I can help with.

I had also meant to say that the Eldren Technology forum is where many questions are dealt with, in addition to this one.
          Last edited by Madrigal Rose; 11-23-2006, 09:11 AM.
          -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Oh, and you're quite welcome, BTW.
            -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Yes, a name change needs to be done by an Administrator. Kipper, if/when you decide the name you want to change to, email me and I can sort it for you.

Adding avatars is very easy and is done via the Edit Avatar option in the User CP link above. (Again, I can do that for you as well if you let me know what picture you want to use first.)
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Great! Thanks David. Much appreciated. I'll have a browse through the pictures, now you've told me where to find them!
                Looking through the galleries, I noticed albums of book covers. I have some photos on my PC which the site is welcome to use, and plenty of books to take pics of as well. I'd imagine they would need to be saved as web pictures? Then I could give you the links? Please let me know if you're interested.
                Just want to add that I'm thoroughly enjoying this!
                He's well smoked

Comment

Once you've got some images you want to put in the Hive, just follow the Upload Images link on the Home page and follow the instructions therein. (In other words, you can upload your images yourself.) Our friendly neighbourhood Hivemasters will then work out where they need to go in the Hive proper.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Hi Kipper and welcome.

If you look just below Mike's picture at the top of the page you will see 'User CP'

If you click on this it will take you to another page, your 'User Control Panel'

Just below 'User CP' you will see 'Settings & Options' these allow you to change your signature and find (or add) an avatar.

This any good?
                    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Hey! That's me that is!
                      I wouldn't even need to change my name.
                      I don't think anyone else has that avatar either, or do they? I'd be grateful if I could use that Gov.
                      He's well smoked

Comment

What'd I tell ya?

Thank you, gentlemen.
                        -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Hi Kipper.
                          As long as that avatar isn't scratch & Sniff.
                          I've enjoyed our conversations regardless of lacking a formal introduction to you. You share a lot of the same interests as the rest of our chaos horde.

Comment

I just hotlinked it from google. I probably shouldn't tell you this, ( ) but if you right-click on the image, you can save it to your hard drive. From there, you can add it as your avatar on the 'Edit Avatar' page.

I generally create my own, first finding a pic I like and cutting a bit out of it with Paint or suchlike to the avatar size limit and saving it, then adding it.

I took so long farting about with those pics for my previous post, David beat me to my answer. Please do add any images you may have, we're always looking for new ones or better quality versions of the ones we have.
                            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Thank you all! Sorry to be slow in responding, my eldest daughter turned up in the middle of my last reply. I'm really grateful for your help!

Oh, before you ask, they don't call me Kipper because I'm flat, smelly or a bottom feeder! One wit did ask if I was well smoked.....
                              Last edited by Kipper; 11-23-2006, 03:41 PM.
                              He's well smoked

Comment

Working...
                              X