Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Greetings all, and a question on fanart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings all, and a question on fanart

Just wanted to hello the other Moorcock fans floating around this corner of cyberspace. Been a lurker for a while, but, figured I should say hello. I've been a Moorcock fan for ages, ever since meeting the Dancers at the End of Time back in middle school. It wasn't long until I'd read the majority of his work, and still reread time and time again.

I'm an artist, and Moorcock's work is one of my main influences, sometimes manifesting as pure fanart, but, it seems his influence has seeped into the majority of my work. I was curious where the appropriate place here is to post up Moorcock fanart- it appears the Image Hive is the correct location, but, figured I'd ask and see if I can get confirmation on that? I thought perhaps some of the folk here might enjoy it.

Welcome ..... on the moon paths

Comment

Hi and welcome tekeli-li. Yes, you're welcome to upload any of your art to the Image Hive if you wish, normally in the first instance to the 'Put Your Images In Here' album (or follow the 'Upload Images' link on the Home Page). Make sure you label the art clearly as by you and one of the 'Hive curators' can create a sub-album for you in the Readers Submissions album. (You might want to post a notice afterwards in the Image Hive forum to let them know as well.)

You can also use any other online image hosting service if you prefer like MySpace or ImageBucket.

Once you've upload you art - wherever - you'll want to let other members know about it. The best forum to do this in is The Enclave at the End of Time, which is specifically for member's creative endeavors, whether artistic or literary.

Any other questions please ask.
      Last edited by David Mosley; 11-21-2006, 12:37 AM.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

tekeli-li, nice to see you amongst us and looking forward to seeing some of your art.
        Last edited by Muroc; 11-22-2006, 01:06 AM.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Thanks all for the welcome! And thank you very much David for the advice on image posting, shall work on getting some of my fanart submitted.

Comment

Working...
          X