Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi :)

Micheal Moorcock was one of the first writers I read that truly took me to unfamiliar lands, and I try and revisit his novels and universe as often as I can. It has been a while since I've been there so glad to have found this site as I think I'm in need of a fix. :)
    Particle Man, Particle Man Doing the things a particle can What's he like, it's not important Particle Man

Indeed, a 'Deep Fix' A hearty welcome, Ilium, you're amongst friends here.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

>Deep Fix

Just ordered Runestaff and Count Brass chronicles. These sets were my introduction to MM so I hope they don't take to long to come.

I've got a few books that I have been meaning to read for sometime, but I think these ones will go to the top of the pile.
      Particle Man, Particle Man Doing the things a particle can What's he like, it's not important Particle Man

Comment

Greetings, Ilium, and Welcome!

The Hawkmoon books were my introduction to MM as well, and so I share your fondness for them.

There is, as you see, a wealth of information and kind souls aboard the Miscellany.
        In case it helps you and anyone new to the forums, here is a list of abbreviations used on this board, put together by the Governor, to help decipher if necessary
        Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
        -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Welcome !

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
            ...put together by the Governor...
            I should just make it clear that that's my nick and not my status.

Welcome, Ilium. I hope you enjoy your stay.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island

Aw, man, yer no fun!

Well, it sounded cool to me...
              Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
              -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Hi, Illium!

Hawkmoon, Brass and Elric are great, but do try to get the "non-sword"-Moorcocks also, like the Dancers at the End of Time cycle or the Pyat-books,or Brothel in Rosenstrasse, Behold the Man, Breakfast in the Ruins and many others. See Bibliography.
                Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island

You mean you're not really Rowe Island's Governor?

Welcome, and allow me to echo L'Etranger's recommedation to check out some of Mike's non-fantasy work. King of the City is fairly new, easy to find, very accessible, and is first rate, if I can be presumptuous enough to make a suggestion.

Comment

Hallo Ilium, you're the welcome
                    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

>get the "non-sword"-Moorcocks also, like the Dancers at the End of Time

Have read that one, many, many years ago! Hopefully I'll be looking at all things Moorcock as when I get the chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X