Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

I'm back. Hi everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back. Hi everyone.

I joined the multiverse just before it crashed last January. By co-incidence I joined in time to hear that Mike was making an appearence at Waterstones, Manchester, and I had the priviledge to meet him in person.
    I started reading the books in about 1972 with a couple of Elric books, then the four Jerry Cornelius books at the end of the 1970s, and then my personal favourites, the Dancers at the End of Time trilogy. I spent most of 1980 in a mental hospital (don't do drugs, kids) where I met my wife. The books meant a lot to me then, along with Herman Hesse, Mervin Peake and Dosteyevky. Since then my life has been a bit more careful, and I've been too busy to read more than a few books each year. My desert island books would be Gormenghast, Dancers at the end of Time, Steppenwolf and The Brothers Karamazov. Yes, I think Mike's writing is good enough to stand comparison with these.
    Just read "Epic Pooh" and agree with most of it. I loved Alan Garner when I was about 10 years old, and have enjoyed the "Dark Materials" trilogy. I'm sorry to say I can't stand J.K. Rowling thoough! My avatar is a picture of one of my Gt. Grandfathers.

Welcome back in the multiverse .....

Comment

Yes indeedy, welcome back oh Parkycat. Love the Gormenghast novels btw - started reading them as a result of a couple of quotes in the Cornelius (I think?) novels - had never heard of Mervyn Peake before that.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Welcome back Parkycat
        Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Working...
        X