Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Greetings from another world...called Indiana!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from another world...called Indiana!

Hello All,

I've been apart of the MM ring on the internet and may have even been apart of this once! (Though it looks different from when I was last on.) I've been a fan since the 80's when I ran across the Elric series. I've been hooked ever since.

I'm still trying to collect his work (which is quite confusing at times!), and read some of the collections that I haven't gotten to yet.

The great thing about Mr. Moorcock is his accessibility! I can't believe in this day and age that someone with his reputation would actually spend time answering questions and such. It is refreshing and I applaud you Mr. Moorcock!

I'm a New Media Director who is currently enrolled in a MBA program. I enjoy reading, music, politics (well, ranting about them), and the philosophy part of buddhism. I recently purchased a 2006 Scion tC and have been trolling the Scion forums. It's rather interesting and amazing what people can do to their cars! I just wish I had an idea of what it all means hehe.

Anyways, I'm glad to be a member and would like to give kudos to this community for their dedication to Mr. Moorcock and his body of work.

Bryan "Pawn Of Chaos"

Hi Bryan - welcome aboard the Ship of Chaos!
    The name that can be named is not the true name.

Comment

Welcome man !

Comment

PawnOfChaos, indeed a hearty welcome (back?).

Cheers,

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Welcome! I'm a newbie, myself. I'm also new to this strange place called "Indiana" (not far from IU, though I'm not a student).
          I look forward to chatting with you sometime.

Comment

Welcome .........

Comment

Hallo Pawn and Brandur, welcome!
              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Welcome to you both. I know that strange land of Indiana, having lived for many years in the equally strange land of Ohio...

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                  Welcome to you both. I know that strange land of Indiana, having lived for many years in the equally strange land of Ohio...
                  Funny how I've lived less than 1 hour from Indiana all my life, and I can count on one hand how many times I've been there (on purpose). I won't count the time I missed the turn onto I71 and realized I'd added an hour to my trip back to Dayton by de-touring through Indy!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the warm responses everyone. Indiana isn't a bad place when you don't expect anything hehe. Brandur- I'm about an hour north of Bloomington. We definitely should chat some time!

Comment

Welcome, indeed, to you both.
                      I've never been to Indiana, but my dad grew up in Red Key, so it does mean a lot to me.
                      Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                      -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

My mother's family is originally from Indiana, though I've never lived there. It's very flat and very quiet, but nice in a way. I don't know if I'd want to live there at this point in my life though.

I'm still trying to collect his work (which is quite confusing at times!), and read some of the collections that I haven't gotten to yet.
                        Have you looked at David Mosley's bibliography and checklist? It might help you with figuring stuff out. Here's a link:

http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showt...t=bibliography

Comment

If I had a free day and would choose to fly right in from Old Europe and visit Indiana, what would you guys suggest I should see and/or do?

In what is Indiana unique, what is specific about it, irreplaceably Indiana-tic?
                          (Just like to learn things.)
                          Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger
                            If I had a free day and would choose to fly right in from Old Europe and visit Indiana, what would you guys suggest I should see and/or do?

In what is Indiana unique, what is specific about it, irreplaceably Indiana-tic?
                            (Just like to learn things.)
                            I guess there's Indy racing.. Only been to one Indy 500. The sound is amazing!

Comment

Working...
                            X