Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello.

I didn't know this place existed until now. Looks pretty neat.

I'm especially pleased to see someone here with what looks like a Steinberger guitar as their avatar.

Anyway, I'm an aspiring writer in Canada, just trying to figure things out. Not really into fantasy as a genre, though I have read the entire Elric dealy. I don't really lump it in with "fantasy", since Michael Moorcock seems to use fantasy as a tool to convey ideas, rather than as an end to itself. To me it's more like a literary work that simply uses fantasy as a technique. Anyway . . .

Welcome

[QUOTE=Kinetic]I didn't know this place existed until now. Looks pretty neat.

I'm especially pleased to see someone here with what looks like a Steinberger guitar as their avatar.

Anyway, I'm an aspiring writer in Canada, just trying to figure things out. Not really into fantasy as a genre, though I have read the entire Elric dealy. I don't really lump it in with "fantasy", since Michael Moorcock seems to use fantasy as a tool to convey ideas, rather than as an end to itself. To me it's more like a literary work that simply uses fantasy as a technique. Anyway . . .[/QUOTE

Welcome comrade! I hope you enjoy this site! So you are an inspiring writer? I have been working on my first fantasy book ince April! I hope to be a famous writer one day because writing is my talent...

Good to have another comrade on this site!

I fare thee well
    They're all true... Especially the lies.

Comment

A warm welcome Kinetic I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.
      Cheers, M

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Welcome Kinetic in this heaven of writers

Comment

Originally posted by Kinetic
          I didn't know this place existed until now. Looks pretty neat.
          Hey there Kinetic - welcome aboard!

If you mean me, that's not a Steinberger. That, my friend, is a Kubicki Ex Factor. I love my bass in a deeply unhealthy fashion.

Anyway, I'm an aspiring writer in Canada, just trying to figure things out. Not really into fantasy as a genre, though I have read the entire Elric dealy. I don't really lump it in with "fantasy", since Michael Moorcock seems to use fantasy as a tool to convey ideas, rather than as an end to itself. To me it's more like a literary work that simply uses fantasy as a technique. Anyway . . .
          Cool - good luck with the writing! My 8 year old son proclaimed yesterday that he wants to be an author after writing a story about Robin Hood and his father Raven Hood. The more the merrier, I say!
          The name that can be named is not the true name.

Comment

Ah, really?

I just saw the bridge and assumed it was a Steinberger...I've never seen one like that anywhere else.

Comment

Welcome Kinetic!
              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Originally posted by Kinetic
                Ah, really?

I just saw the bridge and assumed it was a Steinberger...I've never seen one like that anywhere else.
                http://www.kubicki.com/
                Phil's making me another one, but he's pretty busy so it probably won't be ready until next year. Oh well. Worth the wait.
                The name that can be named is not the true name.

Comment

Working...
                X