Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello from Germany!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Germany!

Hello all!

Actually I'm not a new member - I'm here a few years I think -, but I never said a word just read

Well, my name is Rabenwind - Sascha in my normal life - and I'm a fan of Michael since the age of 19, when I read Elric the first time. I read the Lord of the Rings before and searched for a "new" author and found Michael. So that's how my interest in fantasy literature beguns. But I'm interested in phantastic literature and weird fiction since I was a child. My first hero was Edgar Allan Poe - I read "The Raven" with the age of 8, and from this point on, I was scarred for life

My whole life I wanted to be a musician, and I was the shouter and songwriter of a band for a little while, but it didn't worked at the end. In my later life some friends of mine pushed me to take my writing more seriously because they meant that I'm talented. And little by little I made my steps. So most of the time I write poems (or short stories) - and "Rabenwind" is the title of one of them, and even the title of my poem-book as well as my trademark At the time I wrote it you couldn't found something about it via Google (even not under "ravenwind"), but in the meantime that changed. It's funny to see.

I guess I tattled enough about me - especially after didn't saying a word for years Hopefully my English isn't full of mistakes ...

At the end a word to L'Etranger: Thanks for inviting me to the German section of the tower of Babel. I will post my reviews and essay about Michael there, but it will takes its time. Step by step, so to speak

greets

Sascha
    Last edited by Rabenwind; 09-30-2006, 01:17 AM.

Hi Rabenwind ! You have been around here for a while - Dec 2004 . Nice to hear from you. You must have been a very unusual 8 year old reading 'The Raven' at such an early age.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Yes, it tooks a little while ... not to speak about the time I was here but not a member
      Reading The Raven at the age of 8 was an accident. I only knew the Poe movies with Vincent Price and I was a big fan of that. So one day - my mother wasn't at home - I saw a big, black book in her shelf with the words: Edgar Allan Poe - The Raven and other phantastic tales (normally in German of course, I translated it). And as curious as I be, I took and read it. I quickly found out that watching the movies or reading Poe is a difference like day and night. I was very fascinated how words can create such an undefinable and subtile kind of horror - and so I became infected.

Yes, it was unusual but my whole childhood was unusual, I grown up with hippies and people like that. I visited my first rock concert by the age of 6 - so don't wonder why I'm crazy
      Last edited by Rabenwind; 09-30-2006, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Crazy!!?? You're quite 'normal' in my book I grew up in California, you see...

Welcome, Sascha! I confess I 'lurked' for a couple of months, too, before I actually jumped in back in February of this year- just before the Multiverse cracked.
        Originally posted by Rabenwind
        Yes, it tooks a little while ... not to speak about the time I was here but not a member
        Reading The Raven at the age of 8 was an accident. I only know the Poe movies with Vincent Price and I was a big fan of that. So one day - my mother wasn't at home - I saw a big, black book in her shelf with the words: Edgar Allan Poe - The Raven and other phantastic tales (normally in German of course, I translated it). And as curious as I be, I took and read it. I quickly found out that watching the movies or reading Poe is a difference like day and night. I was very fascinated how words can create such an undefinable and subtile kind of horror - and so I became infected.

Yes, it was unusual but my whole childhood was unusual, I grown up with hippies and people like that. I visited my first rock concert by the age of 6 - so don't wonder why I'm crazy
        Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
        -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Originally posted by Rabenwind
          Hello all!

Actually I'm not a new member - I'm here a few years I think -, but I never said a word just read

Well, my name is Rabenwind - Sascha in my normal life - and I'm a fan of Michael since the age of 19, when I read Elric the first time. I read the Lord of the Rings before and searched for a "new" author and found Michael. So that's how my interest in fantasy literature beguns. But I'm interested in phantastic literature and weird fiction since I was a child. My first hero was Edgar Allan Poe - I read "The Raven" with the age of 8, and from this point on, I was scarred for life

My whole life I wanted to be a musician, and I was the shouter and songwriter of a band for a little while, but it didn't worked at the end. In my later life some friends of mine pushed me to take my writing more seriously because they meant that I'm talented. And little by little I made my steps. So most of the time I write poems (or short stories) - and "Rabenwind" is the title of one of them, and even the title of my poem-book as well as my trademark At the time I wrote it you couldn't found something about it via Google (even not under "ravenwind"), but in the meantime that changed. It's funny to see.

I guess I tattled enough about me - especially after didn't saying a word for years Hopefully my English isn't full of mistakes ...

At the end a word to L'Etranger: Thanks for inviting me to the German section of the tower of Babel. I will post my reviews and essay about Michael there, but it will takes its time. Step by step, so to speak

greets

Sascha
          Servus, Rabenwind!
          Nice you found time to come finally. I read most of your reviews of Mike's books in German and I'm sure they'll be appreciated here once you start posting them. Possibly there'll be a synergetic effect - in other words some of the readers will eventually come to your own site which is dedicated to Fantasy and writing. Both the normal sections and the multi-lingual Tower of Babel are fantastic places to be.

Cheers
          L'Etranger
          Google ergo sum

Comment

Welcome Rabenwind!
            Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Welcome Rabenwind!

Comment

Glad you've moved from lurker to poster, Rabenwind. No need to worry about your English, by the way. You write far more clearly than many native speakers I know.

Comment

Working...
                X