Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Multiverse Chat Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiverse Chat Room

For anyone who's tried, and failed to log into the AfterNet chat room, vanishingtower, I've finally seen that it's at their end:

Connection problems
    News
    Written by Rubin
    Tuesday, 22 August 2006
    Hey all,

Looks like our servers are under some kind of attack, so many of you are having trouble getting on AfterNET. We will likely have to just wait this out, as sadly there isn't much anyone can do until the half-wit gets bored.
    I haven't yet had any problems logging in, and it seems the problem is basically with the WebChat which I don't use, but I do suspect that another issue is people unfortunate enough to share their ISP with chat room abusers who have been banned, as Afternet states here.

Meanwhile, I'm working on finding a suitable alternate location. I'm sure we can find somewhere in this Multiversal Web...

Please post any chat issues, ideas or questions here.
    Last edited by Madrigal Rose; 09-04-2006, 08:00 PM.
    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
    -Yousuf Karsh

Even banned, you can connect if you loggin under your pseudo before connecting but vanishing towers unavalaible .....

too bad ......

Comment

I think I've found the place!!

========== ========== =========== ====

In case anyone is interested, I have set up a chat room (or channel) here:

http://chatnet.org/

the name of the room is:

#vanishingtower

Via the Chat Now (Java) link in the Navigation column:
      In the Required field: Just make up a NICK, then put in #vanishingtower for the channel, then hit GO!, and you should be on your way. Java must be enabled for this to work.

Access via IRC application (X-Chat, mIRC, etc.):
      servers:
      Chicago.IL.US.ChatNet.Org (US)
      Milan.IT.EU.ChatNet.Org (IT)
      (more servers can be found on the chatnet.org website)
      port: 6667
      then: /join #vanishingtower

If you connect to a room and it doesn't seem quite right, make sure you've made no spelling errors! I speak from experience here... whatever channel name you type in will be created, even if it's not spelled correctly, and then you'll be in your own little world, literally

Any problems whatsoever, just ask. I can probably even help...

If people so desire, a weekly chat could be set up. People are free to come and go as they please, at any rate. It's just there.
      -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

vanishingtower is such a good IRC channel name.
        Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Sounds good. I'm heading out in a few minutes so can't check it out now, but a weekly scheduled chat sounds cool.
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Tried to connect, not sure of success ?

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Kane
              Tried to connect, not sure of success ?
              Since it's not a registered channel yet, and there's no bot to keep you company... you won't know till someone else joins.

In a few days hopefully we'll be registered
              -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Thank you MR .....

Comment

Originally posted by Reinart der Fuchs
                  vanishingtower is such a good IRC channel name.

Thank you.

Originally posted by David Mosley
                  Sounds good. I'm heading out in a few minutes so can't check it out now, but a weekly scheduled chat sounds cool.
                  I remember a chat once set up ages ago which included some from across the Pond-
                  Saturday morning seemed to be the time every one could meet from across the time zones... even the Ozzies were there! Can't be too early- we've more than a few PT'ers...
                  Any ideas?
                  -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

I have no experience (at all) with chat rooms. This seems a good opportunity to learn. Saturdays are usually good for me.

Comment

Doc, it's a cinch. It takes a little getting used to at first, especially when there are more than a handful of people chatting at once
                      -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Just on chat net !

Seems fine !

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
                          Since it's not a registered channel yet, and there's no bot to keep you company... you won't know till someone else joins.

In a few days hopefully we'll be registered
                          It's official- vanishingtower is registered now.
                          This means K9 (ChatNet channel bot) is always parked in there... K9 is pretty quiet, except for the occasional growl.
                          -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

thanks .... .

Comment

Success!

Woot! Got on the chat channel but nobody was home.

Comment

Working...
                              X