Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello Everyone!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone!!

Hi,

I'm a longtime Moorcock fan, and new poster to the forums here. I've been a fan for over 20 years now, ever since reading my first Elric novel as a kid. My favorite series have probably been Jerry Cornelius and The Dancers at the End of Time stuff, although I do like the recent Ether books as well.

I am also a fan of adventure gaming (i.e. those wacky role-playing games) and I am a game designer working with various small press companies.

I hope that this is the beginning of a long posting career here, and that I will make some new friends with whom I have many common interests.

Thanks,

Chris Helton

Welcome, cjh! I'm sure you'll feel at home pretty quickly. Great bunch of people here.
    Questions are encouraged. Help is graciously given.

Enjoy!
    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
    -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany.
      Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
        Welcome, cjh! I'm sure you'll feel at home pretty quickly. Great bunch of people here.
        Questions are encouraged. Help is graciously given.

Enjoy!
        As a newcomer myself I can vouch for all of the above. Welcome aboard

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Welcome ......

Plenty of gamers here also .......

Comment

Hello cjh,

welcome!

I too have been a player of games my entire life.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Bonjour cjh. Ohio ehh?
              Will you be attending this festivity? If so Ill meet you there.
              Saturday, October 14th.
              The Phantasy Niteclub 11802 Detroit Ave. Lakewood, Oh
              Doors: 8:30 - Show 9:00
              Ticket Price - $10
              HARVEY BAINBRIDGE & SPACESEED
              BYRON NEMETH GROUP
              w/ Southern Lights and The Solar Fire Lightshow
              From England comes long time Hawkwind bassist/keyboardist HARVEY BAINBRIDGE with Atlanta's SPACESEED to play a limited number of US dates to support the release of their new disc "THE EMPIRE OF NIGHT" on the Zeta Reticuli label. Listen to the cut "Office Colony" at:

http://www.strange-trips.com/docs/

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                Bonjour cjh. Ohio ehh?
                Will you be attending this festivity? If so Ill meet you there.
                Hm. Hadn't known about that but the Phantasy is a mere hop, skip and a jump away from me. That might be interesting to check out. Are you an Ohioan also?

Sorry about the late response....the board didn't notify me that there were responses. Thanks for the welcomes.

Edit: Just saw the Ontario. Sorry.

Comment

Welcome Cjh
                  Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

gaming

Welcome cjh

I did plenty of ad&d gaming in my youth. been a long long time though. now you can find me lurking in cyberspace in that bedeviling game called World of Warcraft. Well what did you expect? That I'd be playing checkers in the park? LMAO

Safe travels!

Comment

Welcome cjh
                      Last edited by Thiassi; 09-14-2006, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Hello, I've been playing RPGs for many years too.
                        Actually, Stormbringer was the first RPG I ever ran.

anyway, hi :)

Comment

Another gamer here as well . I am pretty sure that I discovered Michael Moorcock through the "Recommended Reading" section of the old 1e Dungeon Master's Guide. That, and I once had a player who had a character called Elric who rode about the place on a big white wolf and kept going on about runestaves the whole time. Slippery slope from there on in...
                          The name that can be named is not the true name.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure how I discovered MMs books.
                            But I fairly sure it's because I have been trawling through 2nd hand bookstores for many years and probably came across one of the elric novels and was then hooked.

As I said, Stormbringer was the fist RPG I ran and then started AD&D, but went back to stormbringer frequently as my players seemed to enjoy the greater challeng of playing stormbringer (which was a very deadly game to play).

Comment

Working...
                            X