Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hiya!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hiya!

    Alright?

  • #2
    ?????

    Welcome if this is a presentation ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Morgan Kane
      ?????

      Welcome if this is a presentation ?
      je suis un genedarme

      Comment


      • #4
        Welcome, how's the weather in Wales?

        and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Muroc
          Welcome, how's the weather in Wales?
          Raining, same as usual!!

          How about in your part of Oz?

          Comment


          • #6
            Clear spring day sitting on about 16-17C mostly - no sign of rain.

            and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Muroc
              Clear spring day sitting on about 16-17C mostly - no sign of rain.
              Its around 23C here, but overcast

              Comment


              • #8
                Alan, need a little local advice (if you're still knocking about). As a fan of the 60's 'Prisoner' TV series, I have been considering a visit to Portmeirion and wondered if:
                a) you've been there and;
                b) what is the best time of year to visit that part of Wales to get the best weather and avoid the streams of tourists/etc. (if good weather and tourists can be mutually exclusive). Any advice is greatfully appreciated.
                Needless to say I would also be intending to visit Derry & Toms roof garden (if Richard Branston hasn't 'fenced' it off).
                Cheers,
                Last edited by Muroc; 09-07-2006, 11:49 PM.

                and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

                Comment


                • #9
                  If I can intrude on the conversation, my wife and I visited Portmerion on our honeymoon in December '95. The weather was pretty mild for the time of year and the tourists were thin on the ground, so it was still a nice time to visit. Of course, the 'good weather' is likely to be the Spring and Summer - which are also probably the main tourist seasons, so you pays your money and takes your chances.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by David Mosley
                    If I can intrude on the conversation, my wife and I visited Portmerion on our honeymoon in December '95. The weather was pretty mild for the time of year and the tourists were thin on the ground, so it was still a nice time to visit. Of course, the 'good weather' is likely to be the Spring and Summer - which are also probably the main tourist seasons, so you pays your money and takes your chances.
                    Never been to Port Meirion, supposed to be nice...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Muroc
                      Alan, need a little local advice (if you're still knocking about). As a fan of the 60's 'Prisoner' TV series, I have been considering a visit to Portmeirion and wondered if:
                      a) you've been there and;
                      b) what is the best time of year to visit that part of Wales to get the best weather and avoid the streams of tourists/etc. (if good weather and tourists can be mutually exclusive). Any advice is greatfully appreciated.
                      Needless to say I would also be intending to visit Derry & Toms roof garden (if Richard Branston hasn't 'fenced' it off).
                      Cheers,
                      Not been there as I said, so follow Mr Mosley's advice!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Question for Alan: Are you a Cowboy Killer?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks guys.
                          DM did you just visit or actually stay there on your honeymoon?

                          and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We just visited. We began in Cardiff at the start of our honeymoon and drove up around Wales in an old Austin Maxi, just heading to places that sounded interesting and finding B&B accommodation wherever we fetched up. We always had it in mind to visit Portmerion so that gave us somewhere to head to. We got as far north as Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch which was another place we wanted to see.

                            I should have some photos of us at Portmerion. I'll see if I can dig them out and scan them.
                            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              DM - pix would be greatly appreciated if you can find em. I seem to remember that Jane Fonda used Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch as a password in 'Barbarella'. Quite a mouthful (the password that is)

                              and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X