Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grog
    Moonbeam Traveller
    • Jul 2021

Hello

I don't really have a relationship with Moorcock's work since I haven't read any of it yet (it's definitely on my list, though). The only reason I signed up is to ask people familiar with Moorcock's books just one very specific question. Since that question is kind of related to the most recent topic (Any authors similar to MM?), I will post it there.
  • Kymba334
    Eternal Champion
    • Jun 2011

Welcome to the Miscellany Grog!🙂

If i may be so bold, i would recommend that you might consider reading Elric of Melnibone and / or The Final Programme as a gateway introduction to Mike's vast catalogue of works.

Anyway, whatever tome you may choose to begin with - happy hunting!
    🙂
    Last edited by Kymba334; 07-16-2021, 03:02 PM.
    Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• Grog
      Moonbeam Traveller
      • Jul 2021

Thank you for welcoming me, Kymba. Yeah, I think it will be Elric. Reading about Elric is how I first learned about Michael Moorcock's work and ever since it's kind of been stuck in my mind as the series I've got to read first. Actually, I might give the upcoming audiobook version a try instead since of late I've been more of a listener than a reader, tbh. It's really weird that there are so few Moorcock audiobooks given what a prominent author he is...

Comment

• migellito
        Moonbeam Traveller
        • May 2020

Welcome to the site! 'Elric of Melnibone' is indeed a great place to start. I recently re-read all of the Elric stories in publication order, and although I found that very interesting and illuminating, I still think at least starting out in order of story chronology is great for a first read-through.

Comment

Working...
        X