Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Greetings to you all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slugwart
    Moonbeam Traveller
    • May 2021

Greetings to you all

IMG_1125.jpg G'Day Everyone

I have been a very long time lurker here, Mike's Facebook and the previous Miscellany. Finally throwing my lot in.

I am Australian having grown up in Tasmania and now living in Canberra. I have been devouring Mr Moorcock's produce since 1986 when someone gave me a copy of Bane of the Black Sword to read. I have been hooked ever since.

I have since read most of what Mike has written. I think I'm only missing a couple of books, (I know I'm missing Tales from the Texas Woods and Firing the Cathedral). Also have a fair chunk of the comics and his music.

I have just got my hands on a copy of Pegging the President and it's interesting reading Jerry stories close to the events being contemporary. The stories seem to have a greater poignancy when referencing more or less current events rather than historical as was the case when I read early Jerry stories.

Anyway, thanks for having me abroad. And thank you Mr Moorcock for being a significant presence in my life for the last 35 years or so.
    Last edited by Slugwart; 05-11-2021, 09:40 PM.
  • Kymba334
    Eternal Champion
    • Jun 2011

Uh...okay....here it comes...Welcome to the Miscellany Slugwart!🙂
    Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• In_Loos_Ptokai
      Abrogate all rituals
      • Apr 2007

Welcome, Slugwart, from someone who was a Canberra-ite in the 70s - long time passing, long time ago, now. Back then Belconnen was new and Tuggeranong had just been started - I'll hardly recognize the place if I go back there. I bought my first Moorcock book, Nomads of the Time Streams, from the Kingston Public Library cancelled shelf, way back in those dim dark days of 1981.
      Last edited by In_Loos_Ptokai; 05-12-2021, 11:55 PM. Reason: correcting misspelling
      sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
      And incense the power of man with God
      But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
      And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
      by Peter Cape

Comment

• Kymba334
        Eternal Champion
        • Jun 2011

Ah, my apologies to Slugwart - just noticed your photo add-on ...really good collection there spanning several decades of Mike's work!🙂

Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
          Eternal Champion
          • Oct 2004

Welcome Slugwart! Another great selection of Mike's oevre!

Comment

Working...
          X