Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lawrence Burton
    Moonbeam Traveller
    • May 2021

Howdy

Hello there. I saw that Mr. M had fallen foul of facebook and so here I am, as suggested. It's been a while since I posted on a bulletin board and I don't really like them, or I didn't, but then again I'm not sure any social media is without its problems, so I may be posting a ton, or I may not. I'll see how it goes.

Briefly, I'm from England but I now live in San Antonio, Texas, about an hour west of our esteemed host. I've been here ten years. I write an approximation of science-fiction, some of which gets read by people I don't actually know, which is nice, but I haven't yet bought a yacht and honestly I can't really see it happening. I also paint and have been involved in various weirdy music groups over the years, nothing massively interesting.

My first Moorcock was Constant Fire in New Worlds 10, which I thought was terrible, then suddenly realised it was wonderful and I haven't looked back since. Actually no, thinking about it, the novelisation of The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle was my first Moorcock. Not sure about a favourite as there are still plenty I haven't read, but possibly The Shores of Death.

Hello, and thanks for setting up this place.
  • In_Loos_Ptokai
    Abrogate all rituals
    • Apr 2007

Welcome! Some of us like to write as well, you'll find the watering hole at the Enclave at the End of Time ◦ Members' Work

Drop by and show us how it's done!
    sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
    And incense the power of man with God
    But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
    And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
    by Peter Cape

Comment

• Tom Murphy
      Tea and cake for my lord Arioch!
      • Aug 2010

Hi Lawrence - you didn't used to publish the comic Beathag did you?

Comment

Working...
      X