Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

I know I will like it here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I will like it here...

Hi all! Can't believe it took me so long to get hooked up w/this site. But wife and kids can do that to a soul. I devoured the Elric books back in high school, read many of Michael's other Eternal Champions iterations, and now re-visiting the latest installments of Elric. I'll probably revisit the originals when I get some time. I am currently working on a screenplay roughly based on my life growing up on an Indian reservation and all the travails that come included. It is a work of fictional drama and my first time out of the gate. My professor loved my treatment and has urged me to continue on with the screenplay. I will keep you all posted on my progress. And yes, I can't wait for an Elric movie.

Half Breed, a hearty welcome from a fellow newbie. I think you will definately like it here, I know I am and I've only been here a few days. I can highly recommend re-reading some of your earlier collection. I've been working my way back through mine and it's amazing how different they seem XX years on . I'm enjoying mine as much now (or perhaps even more) as I did the first time I read them. Your screenplay sounds very interesting. Looking forward to hearing more as you progress.
    Cheers.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Welcome
      Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Hello HB your geographical co-ordinates are very close to my own. Are you on "The Bush" or closer to Bismarck?"

Comment

Welcome! The screenplay sounds interesting. You'll find many creative types around this place, and a lot of support for your endeavors.

Comment

Yes, welcome to MM!

Originally posted by Doc
            You'll find many creative types around this place, and a lot of support for your endeavors.
            Quite right. Be sure to check out the Enclave at the End of Time forum, Half Breed, and feel free to post your work, if you are so inclined.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I greatly appreciate all your support. I run wild in the Dakotas...heheh Are you all using the chat in here? I can't seem to get the thing to cooperate w/my laptop. Safe travels.

Comment

HB: What was the eventual resolution to your log in problem?
                Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Breed
                  I greatly appreciate all your support. I run wild in the Dakotas...heheh Are you all using the chat in here? I can't seem to get the thing to cooperate w/my laptop. Safe travels.
                  HB, I'm sorry to have taken so long to catch up to you, but please let me know how I can help with your chat obstacles. I may soon change out the server for it because at least one person here shares a banned (abusive Afternet chatter) ISP...

If you let me know what is happening when you try to log in, I may be able to help.
                  Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                  -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Chat

Thank you Reinart & Madrigal for your concern. The account activation was successful the following Monday. Madrigal, I will send you an email with the messages that I received after trying to log onto the chat. Safe travels all.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Breed
                      Thank you Reinart & Madrigal for your concern. The account activation was successful the following Monday. Madrigal, I will send you an email with the messages that I received after trying to log onto the chat. Safe travels all.
                      Got your e-mail, HB. I'm still working on this, but you might try this, on Afternet DNS Blacklists and see if it helps. I tried contacting them, but even that is a technical difficulty.

I'm not sure what the problem is, as I stated here.

In short- I'm working on it

Sorry, but it's just another case of 'half-wit' attackers. They're everywhere, it seems.
                      Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                      -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Working...
                      X