Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello, all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, all!

I must admit that I'm trolling around trying to track down Walt Simonson trying to get a copy of a pic for some tattoo work, but I've read a bit of Elric (mostly comics), and want to learn more.

Any suggestions? Books, comics, whatever.

Thanks, and try not to judge me too harshly...

Welcome Sonichellboy !

Although only new here myself I have been an MM fan for longer than I care to remember. As far as recommendations go, it really depends on your personal tastes - MM's work covers so many genres. Rest assured there are plenty of friendly folk here who can offer some good advice though.

All the best.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Hello SHB. A good "starter book" is The Eternal Champion. It is a story about a mortal named John Daker that is transformed into a version of the EC that is known as Erekose. I personally love that book and find it to be a very good prelude into the many cycles of the eternal champion.

Comment

Welcome in this side of Multiverse!
        Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Originally posted by sonichellboy
          Any suggestions? Books, comics, whatever.
          The Eternal Champion and the many books which make up The Elric Saga.

Originally posted by sonichellboy
          Thanks, and try not to judge me too harshly...
          Naw, we dig honesty. You'll be fully immersed in the Multiverse before you know it.
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Welcome Sonic. Now if I can only figger out how to use the chat. LOL

Comment

Welcome!

Recommendations:
              To get started in Mike's fantasy- The Warhound and the World's Pain. Work your way up to the Second Ether (the trilogy that begins with Blood). Gloriana might be another good starting point.

For MM's more literary work I recommend King of the City highly as a great starting point. A great read and a great bit of social commentary.

Of course, the best recommendation is to pick up any of Mike's novels and rip through it!

Comment

Thanks, all, I'd better get to work!

Comment

Working...
                X