Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

new world download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new world download

has any one got time to show me how to download the new worlds fair?
    i cant find it on the site
    Thanks
    dipstik
    Last edited by dipstik; 08-26-2006, 05:04 AM.

Sorry, it hasn't been made available for download yet.
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

new world download

Thank you for your reply.Have i got it wrong?
      i thought that the new worlds fair was done as a free download because there had been some pirate downloads on sale on e-bay
      I am talking about the cd not the book
      Last edited by dipstik; 08-26-2006, 07:20 AM.

Comment

We hosted New Wolrds Fair mp3s here. They are not currently available. They will become available.
        Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

thanks again is there any where here in enland(uk) that you can recomend for the album or cd.I have been trying to find the original copy for about 30 years and i must say i have met a lot of nice people along the way and once again i think i have met another.thank you for being pateint and i will no dobt take to you again in the near futre.
          dipstik

Comment

Originally posted by dipstik
            thanks again is there any where here in enland(uk) that you can recomend for the album or cd.
            The LP shows up on eBay quite a lot and tends to go for a reasonable price. The genuine CDs also show up occasionally, but tend to go fo quite a bit more.

The genuine ones are on either the Dojo or Griffin labels. The Griffin is much better quality, but is rarer as it was a US release.

Alternatively, there is this:
            http://www.voiceprint.co.uk/web/Release/VP351CD/
            which is not quite as good as NWF, but worth getting nevertheless.

Comment

thank you gentlemen its seems that at last i will finaly get a copy lets hope it sound as good as i remember all those years ago!!!!

Comment

Just re-read this thread and didn't realise there was/had been a free download of New Worlds Fair on this site (or hosted by this site). I bought the vinyl many moons ago but (like a lot of people, probably) have dismantled my phonograph and can't listen to it (it's in pristine condition at present ). Are there plans to re-activate this service?

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Originally posted by Muroc
                  Are there plans to re-activate this service?
                  Reinart will need to confirm this but I'm sure normal service will be restored in due course. In addtion to the NWF downloads there were a number of other audio files featuring Mike, including - and I only mention it because I recorded it - the Vanburgh Theatre Conversation with Alan Moore & Mike back in January that I hope will eventually resurface.

However, there's a lot of other stuff still needing to be done on the new site so I suspect these things will happen when they happen.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Thanks DM, really looking forward to it ... midnight here so off to bed now

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                      Reinart will need to confirm this but I'm sure normal service will be restored in due course. In addtion to the NWF downloads there were a number of other audio files featuring Mike, including - and I only mention it because I recorded it - the Vanburgh Theatre Conversation with Alan Moore & Mike back in January that I hope will eventually resurface.
                      Great news - let's hope it does!
                      \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Working...
                      X