Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Treat Me Gently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treat Me Gently

bugger, I got too excited and dropped a post on the end of another thread... so at the risk of becoming a right royal pain I'm repeating it where I should have put it in the first place !.... read on

This is my first post here - thought I'd better jump in somewhere... so here goes.
    Got bored and did a google for 'Jerry Cornelius' (can't remember why). Anyway, found a link to here and was absolutely wrapped. I've been an MM fan since I was 13 (I think) around about 1973 when I read "The Black Corridor", which I loved, and then moved on to "Behold The Man" which absolutely blew my mind. Over the years I've collected some 60 odd novels as well as short stores, magazines and of course music. I've only been able to share my love of these things with my daughter so this forum has really excited me particularly since 'The Man' himself seems to frequent it. I'm from down-under "down-under" (Tasmania) at the bottom of Oz - so from the Southern tip of Oz I wish you all well. And to Mr Moorcock, if you're reading this, I would like to wish you life-eternal (but not as your unfortunate champion) for the wonderful books and music which has brought me such pleasure over the years (and which I've recently started re-reading). Hoping I can contribute much to this forum.
    Cheers,

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Welcome, Muroc!! Glad you found the MM and us! Don't worry, no one here bites... much

Seriously, great group of folks here. Looking forward to your contributions.
    Enjoy!
    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
    -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Originally posted by Muroc
      bugger, I got too excited and dropped a post on the end of another thread... so at the risk of becoming a right royal pain I'm repeating it where I should have put it in the first place !.... read on

This is my first post here - thought I'd better jump in somewhere... so here goes.
      Got bored and did a google for 'Jerry Cornelius' (can't remember why). Anyway, found a link to here and was absolutely wrapped. I've been an MM fan since I was 13 (I think) around about 1973 when I read "The Black Corridor", which I loved, and then moved on to "Behold The Man" which absolutely blew my mind. Over the years I've collected some 60 odd novels as well as short stores, magazines and of course music. I've only been able to share my love of these things with my daughter so this forum has really excited me particularly since 'The Man' himself seems to frequent it. I'm from down-under "down-under" (Tasmania) at the bottom of Oz - so from the Southern tip of Oz I wish you all well. And to Mr Moorcock, if you're reading this, I would like to wish you life-eternal (but not as your unfortunate champion) for the wonderful books and music which has brought me such pleasure over the years (and which I've recently started re-reading). Hoping I can contribute much to this forum.
      Cheers,
      Welcome! Don't worry we are decent civilised folk here. We chat, laugh, inform, and debate here; nobody trolls, flames etc and the admin are very friendly and efficient!

Comment

Thanks folks - appreciate the support.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Hi Muroc, welcome
          Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Welcome, Muroc. Sorry I'm late. Driver blew right past the stop last time. Nothing I could do.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Woot!

Welcome Muroc! My sentiments also regarding the master. He has affected us all in many ways. For me it was feeling a weird kinship with Elric especially for some reason. Maybe due to my own insecurities fitting into groups, (my nickname says it all...lol) feeling like a ghost sifting through this reality however harsh and trying to make sense of it all. Encountering my own mysticisms and knowing that yes, there is a multiverse, thinly veiled, just beyond our own reach. Ok, enough soapboxing on your thread, my apologies. (heheh) Safe travels again to you as we make this little piece of the universe better.

Comment

Working...
              X