Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

Hi all, not new, but new to these new forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
    Hello all, it’s splendid to be back amongst you.

I trust you are all well and that the last few years have been good.

I’ll have a wander around and catch up on the conversations.

PV
    There he is! Good to see you, matey

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Murphy View Post

There he is! Good to see you, matey
      It’s good to be back. How’ve you been?
      Let me tell you a story 'bout a poor boy....

Comment

Hello all, it’s splendid to be back amongst you.

I trust you are all well and that the last few years have been good.

I’ll have a wander around and catch up on the conversations.

PV
        Welcome back PV! It's great seeing you again mate!
        "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
        'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

It’s good to be back. How’ve you been?
          Bleugh - up and down, the same as everyone else, I suppose. Generally healthy and keeping the head above water, but had an incredibly stressful couple of years caring for my father-in-law (and now trying to sort out and sell his house).

Along the way my wife and I have started a nanopublishing thing - Colossive Press. At last, the full amazing story of Croydon Spaceport can be told! (I suppose I should stick some of this in the Enclave at the End of Time...)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Murphy View Post

Bleugh - up and down, the same as everyone else, I suppose. Generally healthy and keeping the head above water, but had an incredibly stressful couple of years caring for my father-in-law (and now trying to sort out and sell his house).

Along the way my wife and I have started a nanopublishing thing - Colossive Press. At last, the full amazing story of Croydon Spaceport can be told! (I suppose I should stick some of this in the Enclave at the End of Time...)
            Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Times like that can be pretty tough. I love the Colossive Press. I might treat myself to a Croydon Spaceport mug.

Mrs PV and I have had an adventurous few years since The Hiatus (as the last few years without the Multiverse may become known). At the end of 2016 we both finished off big contracts and decided to take some time out. We embarked on a 3 month road trip across the States, from San Francisco to New York, via Key West. At the end of it I fulfilled a lifetime ambition and wrote and (self) published a book about the trip. It’s part travelogue, part discovery about America’s early history and Liverpool’s links with the Confederacy during the Civil War. It’s called The Warm Breath of an Electric Pixie and is published under the pen name of JJ Topping. Check it out at www.jjtopping.co.uk.

On Monday I told my boss I’m retiring at the end of February and on Tuesday I rediscovered the Multiverse. Which is nice.
            Let me tell you a story 'bout a poor boy....

Comment

write on

Comment

Mrs PV and I have had an adventurous few years...
                Good work, fella - I look forward to checking out your book

Comment

Working...
                X