Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Geetings from the land downunder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geetings from the land downunder.

G'day, people. I stumbled across this forum while looking for some Elric related artwork, and am quite glad I found it.

Seeing as the great man himself frequents this board, I would like to extend my best wishes, and a hearty thanks to him for the many hours of reading pleasure he has given me.

Even to this day, I still read all my favourites at least once a year, and have turned several friends into Moorcock fans.

cheers,
    Redbeard
    My signature is

Hello and Welcome,redbeard!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Waltzing Matilda,Waltzing Matilda you'll go a Waltzing Matilda ..dee..dee
      Ello RB

Comment

G'day and welcome.

Comment

G'day and welcome, from an ex-Queenslander (Gympie).

Ken
          Ken Boorman
          Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Cheers everyone.

@ ken, You should be glad your not in Gympie now. We're in the middle of a drought. Wivenhoes down to 25% (all the dams are at record lows), the govt plans on damming the Mary at Traviston crossing, everyones on water restrictions and summer has just hit with a vengance. Its going to be hell of an arse end to the year.
            Last edited by redbeard; 08-22-2006, 08:32 PM.
            My signature is

Comment

I heard it's been pretty bad. My family still live in Qld. We're going back for a visit next June. Hopefully there will have been some drought-breaking rain by then.

Ken
              Ken Boorman
              Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Please treat me gently

This is my first post here - thought I'd better jump in somewhere... so here goes.
                Got bored and did a google for 'Jerry Cornelius' (can't remember why). Anyway, found a link to here and was absolutely wrapped. I've been an MM fan since I was 13 (I think) around about 1973 when I read "The Black Corridor", which I loved, and then moved on to "Behold The Man" which absolutely blew my mind. Over the years I've collected some 60 odd novels as well as short stores, magazines and of course music. I've only been able to share my love of these things with my daughter so this forum has really excited me particularly since 'the man' himself seems to frequent it. I'm from down-under "down-under" (Tasmania) at the bottom of Oz - so from the Southern tip of Oz I wish you all well. And to Mr Moorcock, if you're reading this, I would like to wish you life-eternal (but not as your unfortunate champion) for the wonderful books and music which has brought me such pleasure over the years (and which I've recently started re-reading). Hoping I can contribute much to this forum.
                Cheers,

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Muroc and Redbeard-
                  Welcome!

Muroc, I hope your daughter finds as much happiness through Mike's work as you have found.

Comment

Welcome Redbeard
                    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Working...
                    X