Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Salutations from İstanbul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salutations from İstanbul

Hello to everyone!

I am from İstanbul, Turkey. For I am a fan of Eternal Champion series and Mr. Moorcock, I salute you heartily.

Eternal champion characters are not well known here but within the last few years by the translation of first six books of Elric and the four books of Hawkmoon people are getting to know the characters and the unbelievible imagination of Mr. Moorcock. Also Behold the Man has a translation in Turkish.

I really can't explain how I feel about the Elric saga. -doubtless it is and will be the best fiction I have ever read with and above the Tolkien, Zelazyn and others that shaped this literature- Now I am reading the original -English- version of the Corum the Prince in the Scarlet Robe and it is very exticing to read Mr. Moorcock in his non translated language.

Finally, I read in a web site that Mr. Moorcock wants to come to İstanbul before it is to late. Mr. Moorcock, I could arrange all the things and welcome you in İstanbul as a king, if you be my guest. :=)

Hi Celbrion. welcome
    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Selamler, Celbrion!
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Another Moorcockian in the area...Hurray!
        So,far I have come across guys from Greece and Cyprus only.Where the hell are the Bulgarians,Albanians,ex Yugoslavians etc etc?
        Anyway,it seems that Turkey is in the phase Greece was last decade.So,I guess soon there will be more fans of Mike across the Aegean.

Celbrion,Mike has writen a book with your home city in the title...Lucky guy... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger
          Selamler, Celbrion!
          Selamlar, L'Etranger :=)
          Last edited by Celbrion; 07-31-2006, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heiron
            Another Moorcockian in the area...Hurray!
            So,far I have come across guys from Greece and Cyprus only.Where the hell are the Bulgarians,Albanians,ex Yugoslavians etc etc?
            Anyway,it seems that Turkey is in the phase Greece was last decade.So,I guess soon there will be more fans of Mike across the Aegean.

Celbrion,Mike has writen a book with your home city in the title...Lucky guy... ;)
            Yes, I heard a long time ago that Mr. Moorcock was writing a book about early 1920's in İstanbul but then I couldn't learn anything new. I searched a bit but couldn't find the name of the book also. Could you help me?

Comment

Originally posted by Celbrion
              Yes, I heard a long time ago that Mr. Moorcock was writing a book about early 1920's in İstanbul but then I couldn't learn anything new. I searched a bit but couldn't find the name of the book also. Could you help me?
              I think that would be Byzantium Endures, actually (the first volume of the 'Between the Wars' quartet of Colonel Pyat novels.
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

That's the one I meant.I don't know if there is anything else.

Comment

Welcome, Celbrion!

Istanbul sounds like a very fascinating place for me. A lot of history there. And good food too!

Comment

Working...
                  X