Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hey guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys

Hiyas. Found my way into the worlds of Moorcock half a year ago, while tracking down as much as I could, from the "suggested reading list" of the old AD&D Dungeon masters guide (yeah, Im a geek ;) )

I bought a dog eared copy of Elric of Melnibone off of ebay, and found it quite refreshing and interesting, and perfectly suitable to my growing passion for sword n sorcery books.
    I've since chewed through quite a few of the Elric books, as well as Hawkmoon, and a few of the Erekose ones.

Apart from that, Im a geek, wargamer and roleplayer (though I understand the Stormbringer RPG to be a dirty word here, based on my lurking so far), metalhead.

I live in Oregon, USA, though Im bred and born Danish.

Hope to be able to participate in interesting discussions and conversations with you all.
    Cheers!
    Ivan

Welcome aboard !

Comment

Never apoligize for your geekdom!

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, runequester!

That's pretty much how I got started on Elric through friends and from Elric sneaking in on our adventures,plus the original first edition of the Dieties & Demigods game book,haha. It was not long before I was hooked.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hej!
          You'll find there is at least one other person from Denmark among the regular members here. Copenhagen I think.
          And lots of other Europeans, too, besides Americans and their cousins in UK.
          Welcome, Runequester!
          Google ergo sum

Comment

Welcome Runequester!

Have you read any Poul Anderson books? The Broken Sword and Three Hearts and Three Lions inspired Moorcock (or Mike as most of us call him here!). So you can say there's Danish blood flowing through some of his work! Arioch probalby finds it tasty

Comment

Welcome Runequester
              Oren suggested very well you about Anderson
              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Yeah, 3 hearts & 3 lions is one of my favourite books. He's written a few other excellent stories, though I dont know if he touched on law/chaos any further

Comment

Poul Anderson has written some fantastic stories but sometimes his ultraconservative ideas spoil the book ........

Comment

Fritz Leiber...
                    Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

Leigh Brackett, Tanith Lee, Mary Gentle...
                      Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

And the grand master, Jack Vance :)

Comment

And Michael J Harrison
                          Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Working...
                          X