Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Member Questionnaire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member Questionnaire!

Hello everyone! Interested in getting to know your fellow MWM members and guests? Here's something that will allow that. I got this from a friend. I will paste the questions and my answers below, and if it looks like fun to you, you can cut the blank question section below, and paste and answer in your own reply!
    Cool! Like your father once said, "I know you can do it!"

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? nice three bedroom house in Mira Mesa-- S.D., CA
    2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I am in the middle of a lot of books right now: Gunslinger: The Wastelands S. King, Elric Saga: The Vanishing Tower Michael Moorcock, Chronicles of Corum: Knight of the Swords Moorcock, Slaughterhouse 5 Kurt Vonnegut Jr., and The Catcher in the Rye JD Salinger.
    3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Corning / Costar mousepad I got for free when I was working at a biotech company.
    4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? not really applicable to me, but I guess I could say Pictionary.
    5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Penthouse Forum Just Kidding! Don't really read magazines anymore. Guitar Magazine, but most of the rock bands that are hot right now, I mostly don't really care about so no reason for me to buy.
    6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? My friend Brande wears this awesome perfume, but I don't know what it's called Oh well....
    6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? rotting flesh isn't too pleasant (but never made me puke). Yes, there are stories behind this, as some of you already know! There was this raw chicken in my fridge one time that went bad, it smelled just like rotten dead people, so it's possible to try at home!! ;)
    7. FAVORITE SOUND? I'm not that intensely audiophillic! The sound of a good fart after that crazy bean burrito from last night! nah, more seriously-- I guess the tone of E minor on a detuned guitar with a lot of distortion.
    8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? when you feel as though you've been stabbed in the back. Hasn't happened to me to any kind of extreme degree. When I got kicked out of a band, it felt like that kind of thing ...and then they fell apart. haha
    9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Usually... I got a few minutes still... [reaching out] just hit the snooze button,,,
    10. FAVORITE COLOR? shades of green that don't look gray due to my mild RG colorblindness, and of course... I like the absence of color-- En Espaأ±ol se llama negro
    11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? a lot of times don't even answer, caller ID is a recluse's gift from God!
    12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Luke I am your father! J/K Who says I'm having kids? If I am, why didn't anyone tell me dammit!?!?
    13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Wasn't this in the script of Conan the Barbarian? "Crush your enemies! See them driven before you! And the lamentation of their women!" Oh sorry that was the answer to "What is best in life?", but isn't that the same thing? I live for my own pleasure... Me! Me! Me! without being a narcissist, nor hedonist, nor anything with negative connotations. Yes, yes I can be gluttonous at times What can I say? I am a human animal after all!
    14. FAVORITE FOODS? I like the taste of salt and fat and sweet, so I love to eat many things and i'm sure there are good foods i've never even had yet! but because I want to be as close as possible to our culture's cannon of the ideal body, I try really hard to not over-eat and eat more empty calorie things like lettuce and celery Ugh! And I have my own genetics to battle with Argh! :( I'm losing! oh well hopefully I can age gracefully.

15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Vanilla shakes and ice cream especially after 420 Ecstatic! but I eat chocolate more though. I try to keep the sweets on low intake, otherwise I don't see why I wouldn't have a vanilla shake every day! WOO HOO!!
    16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? No. It's my destiny i think to live long time! If Sonny Bono died from smashing into a tree...25mph or so (isn't it how he died?) just think of your body smashing into a telephone pole at 70+ mph. It's not pretty. I've seen some bodies first hand
    17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? No, I'm a guy dammit. I still am a child kind of though. I sleep with kikat usually :)
    18. STORMS - COOL OR SCARY? you mean like the ones with thunder and lightning? Yeah, pretty cool. but if you are talking about the tumult that goes on inside my brain everyday, it might be like more on the scary side! ;)
    19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? a blue 1980something Datsun Station wagon. yee haa! I called it the Cuzzmobile.
    20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? Your mom! ;) How about Rob Halford and Chris Cornell at a music awards ceremony where I won a prize!
    21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Your mom! I don't really drink, but if you get me a drink, I'll drink it. and if I'm driving, that'll prob be my only drink.
    22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Virgo on cusp of Leo
    23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Yes. and?
    24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? Jobs aren't fun. Working 40+ hrs/week sucks! No one told me about this stuff when I was 10! If you're doing something you love... for me that could be musician, visual artist, or teacher... then it's not really a job in my opinion... you have found your niche my child! I'm aim to be a teacher someday soon if I don't make it as an artist or entertainer or somethin or other.
    25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? well if I wanted to dye it a certain color, I would have dyed it already and it would presently be that color right? and it wouldn't be blond if I wanted to. Brown people with blond hair is stupid. Sorry if I offend you asian and black people with blonde hair! ;) I'm sure someone out there thinks it's attractive
    26. EVER BEEN IN LOVE? Yes But probably not in the sense that the maker of this questionairre (<-- I'll never learn how to spell this) had in mind
    27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? The damn glass has an ellipse approximately at the mid-line from the rim where its maximum carrying capacity would be reached. Look, you can see for yourself! perhaps you need your glasses, or perhaps you must get a prescription The best answer: your mom!
    28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? Still Ghost World Sooo funny! to people like me at least. How about LOTR? Yeah despite all the homosexuality in it, the holes in the plot. Hey I'm a visual person, and it is stunning visually. Yeah yeah. i know you all are looking forward to that damn Star Wars thing.... If only it were still the 70's, whatever Lucas's mind was like back then, the last three might be sort of good movies....
    29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Yes. Thank you Taft Jr. High!
    30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Papers from a genetics class I took. Old photo album, shoes, a way old issue of Pulse! with Aimee Mann on the cover, a printer cable, no dust bunnies (believe it or not) and REALLY, believe it or not-- a cockroach trap. There's nothing inside it, so I guess I can throw it out. (One evening I saw a big black one crawl underneath. That's what I get for leaving the door to the garage open!) ;0
    31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? don't really have. but if i must, 3, 69 , 666, 1073, my personal pin #, and your mom's phone number! ;)
    32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? basketball. but if Killing your mom was a sport, I'd like that one !
    33. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU. Tanya is a very nice lady, but I haven't really had the kind of intimacy I'd like to have with her (no, it doesn't mean sex you damn people!) but it's prob. cuz she's focused on her future and terribly terribly busy.
    34. PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I didn't send it yet. but I know what you mean, and the answer is no one. I don't expect much from you human animals
    35. PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I didn't send it yet. everyone
    36. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? Yes, but i don't see how it's winning... the best things in life have nothing to do with money. but I know what the question is asking and the answer is yes. I'd do better than share. You can ask me what that means if you want.
    37. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? It would better allow me to pursue my creativity, and actualize ideas, bring my dreams to life, and I would help some people that i give a damn about in bringing their dreams to life, and that may well mean you, my friend! :)
    38. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I like Tanya's answer. I want a hybrid car , you know runs on electricity , more enegry efficient,, that's big enough to hold passengers and gear.
    That's it? cool! say hi to your mom for me! :D
    =======Ok! Now....
    Cut and paste:

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT?
    2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
    3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
    4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
    5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
    6a. FAVORITE SMELLS?
    6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?
    7. FAVORITE SOUND?
    8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
    9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
    10. FAVORITE COLOR?
    11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
    12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?
    13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE?
    14. FAVORITE FOODS?
    15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
    16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
    17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
    19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
    20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE?
    21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
    22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
    23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?
    24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE?
    25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE?
    27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?
    28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?
    29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?
    30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
    31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER?
    32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
    33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE?
    34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
    35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
    \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
    Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

lot 'o' questions....but here goes:

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? renting house in mira mesa(san diego), CA
    2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? David Copperfield
    3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? A mouse
    4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Elric, Risk, Cosmic Encounter, Rail Baron
    5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? can't decide
    6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? Gardenia
    6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? Putricine, butynol
    7. FAVORITE SOUND? Jimi playing guitar
    8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Being ill, unemployed and broke!
    9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? uuuuuuuugggghhhh!
    10. FAVORITE COLOR? pale blue...perhaps a paynes grey
    11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? 3
    12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Elric :)
    13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Love, friendship, family, books
    14. FAVORITE FOODS? Pizza!
    15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Vanilla
    16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Yes
    17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? No
    19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Mach1 Mustang
    20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? Jimi Hendrix
    21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? White Russian
    22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Aquarius
    23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Yes
    24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? Own my own successful business....Astronaut.....artist
    25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? Would not do this
    27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? depends
    28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? Apocolypse Now
    29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? No
    30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? A Michener Book
    31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 2
    32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Basketball
    33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? Yes
    34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Visit the wonders of the world, and everywhere else
    35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Lambourguini
    \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? hot and sweaty flat in Brisbane Australia (I am moving in just over 2 weeks). It is a trendy suburb so the rent is high for what you get!
      2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I'm reading "If This Is a Man" and "The Truce" by Primo Levi
      3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? my mouse pad has a bit of dirt and grime on it.
      4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Dungeons and Dragons (which isn't really a board game as such but close!)
      5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? New Internationalist
      6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? the smell of a new book
      6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? the toilets that I clean for a living
      7. FAVORITE SOUND? A jumbo jet taking off
      8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? having your soul drained out by a weird black sword
      9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? one of three things: a. my dream I just had b. @%#@! Work! c. something erotic
      10. FAVORITE COLOR? green
      11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? depends on my mood
      12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? ROM and RAM. Pixel.
      13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? helping people and being a good friend
      14. FAVORITE FOODS? curry.
      15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Vanilla
      16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Yes
      18. STORMS - COOL or SCARY? The Scarier the storm the more I like it!
      19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? never owned a car.
      20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? Einstein because he was clever
      21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? beer
      22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Capricorn
      24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? Something at the university. Get paid for using my mind.
      25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? blue
      26. EVER BEEN IN LOVE? yes
      27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? half full
      28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? Dekalog
      29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Yes
      30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? dust, boxes a few pieces of junk
      31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 13
      32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Rugby League Football
      33. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU. You have done a very good thing sending this questionaire out so we can get to know each other better.
      34. PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I havn't sent it so all people are unlikely to respond
      35. PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? as above
      36. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? yes
      37. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I'd get a house to live in
      38. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? a cheap car.
      :-) flamingo

Comment

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? Living in my parent's basement until I find a roomate.
        2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Nothing actually. The local bookstore closed and our library is pathetic.
        3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? don't have one. Optical mouse.
        4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Go, Chess, or Trivial Pursuit
        5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Don't really have one. Used to love National Geographic, but don't have a subscription any more.
        6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? Jasmine, lilac, lavender...any light smell really. Or Neatsfoot oil, Hoppe's 8 gun oil, or weapon's oil. Also, I've always enjoyed the smell of burned nitrates (like recently fired gunpowder).
        6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? sewage, gasoline, bowels (one of my brother's friends gut-shot a deer this last year while hunting...not very pleasant).
        7. FAVORITE SOUND? someone else's pleasure :roll:
        8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? That "oh shit" feeling you get when you know you messed up big time and there's nothign you can do about it. I guess its akin to hoplessness.
        9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? it varies everyday...today it was something about how my urge to sleep and skip work was a representation of chaos but the lawful predictability of my alarm balanced it out. I really don't know where that bizzare thought came from, but then, I rarely know where my first thought of the day comes from.
        10. FAVORITE COLOR? I feel blues are the most expressive colours...but I don't think they're perfect for everything.
        11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? *shrug* depends on my mood.
        12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? I'll not think about that 'till the time comes.
        13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? being able to look at yourself proudly in the mirror. Self-respect, I guess.
        14. FAVORITE FOODS? a good filet-minon. fresh farm-grown corn-on-the-cob. Lee's Special Lo Mein (alas, Lee's Chop Suey is now out of business so I will never again have this *sigh*).
        15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Vanilla!
        16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? hm...If I'm on a curvey road, in my car, and need to let off some steam; yes. Otherwise, no.
        17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? no. Just my cat Dixie.
        19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? 1988 Dodge Dynasty named "Betsy" (cliche, I know, but it fit so well). I couldn't stand that car. now I have a 2001 Mazda Protege MP3.
        20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? hmm, I don't rightly know. There are alot of people I'd like to meet, but I don't have any great pressing questions for any of them, so I couldn't say I'd want to meet one more than the others. I guess I'd like to have diner with Mr. Moorcock sometime...or Tad Williams...Even Weis and Hickman could be interesting. Otherwise, getting a little more ambitious, I'd say Da Vinci.
        21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Don't drink much, but on the rare occassion I have a drink (and it is just one drink, I never have more than that) I get a Tangueray (sp?) and tonic. I can't stand most house-gin's. If I want something with less kick, I'll get a Newcastle if it's available.
        22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Pieces
        23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? naw, don't even eat broccoli.
        24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? writter or college prof.
        25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? *shrug* I'm fine with my hair.
        27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? depends on how much I'm enjoying it.
        28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? I like so many...
        29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? mostly..."c" I usually hit with my index finger instead of my middle though, 'cause my middle finger on my left hand is half numb from nearly being cut off once...makes it hard to hit the "c" right.
        30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? my late-uncles collection of late 19th century rifles.
        31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 3
        32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? hockey
        33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? yeah, I think so.
        34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? anything, except not work. I'd probably become a professional student...I love learning.
        35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? either an Aston Martin DB-4, DB-9 (due out this spring), Vanquish; or a Shelby Series 1, a Shelby AC Cobra; or, finally, a BMW M-3.
        "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
        --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

1. Living arrangement? Since I'm still in full time education, I live with my dad.
          2. What book are you reading now? James Clavell's Shogun (Quite enlightening since I study japanese,) Ray Bradbury- Fahrenheit 451, Iain.M.Banks-The state of the Art, and Moorcock-A Cornelius calendar.
          3. What's on your mouse pad? Platinum education UK, because it has a picture of an elephant on it. I love elephants.
          4. Favourite board game? Othello
          5. Favourite magazine? I don't go in for magazines, especially not the ones aimed at my age-group. I bought an issue of Catalyst magazine once, but only because it had a free revision guide.
          6a. Favourite smells? Fresh peaches, paper, rain.
          6b. Least favourite smells? Sandwiches that have been left in my schoolbag over the summer holidays, cat poo, scared animals (And they do smell different when they're scared).
          7. Favourite sound? Rain on trees.
          8. Worst feeling in the world? Realising that someone you genuinely liked doesn't like you at all and was just setting you up so that other people could laugh at you.
          9. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? ...ngh...too bright...!
          10. Favourite colour? Dark
          11. How many rings before you pick up the phone? Enough that if it is a salesperson, someone else has already picked up their phone, but not so much so that real people hang up. It's a talent.
          12. Future child's name? Emily if it's a girl, Aaron if it's a boy. No way I'm having children any time soon, though.
          13. What is most important in life? Laughter.
          14. Favourite foods? Chocolate and caramel flapjacks, choux buns, bombay potatoes like I make them, not the shop-bought stuff. I used to like pastrami with black pepper around the edges too, but I'm vegetarian now, so I don't get to eat it any more.
          15. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla.
          16. Do you like to drive fast? I'm underage- never driven.
          17. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No, but I am often woken up by a rat sitting on my face. That count?
          19. What type was your first car? See above- never driven.
          20. If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be? Probably my mother. She died when I was quite small, so I never got to know her.
          21. Favourite alchoholic drink? At my age I shouldn't legally be drinking... I like Bacardi breezer lime or Vodka with lemonade.
          22. What is your Zodiac sign? Scorpio
          23. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Yes, that's the nicest part!
          24. If you could have any job what would it be? Ruler of Earth
          25. If you could dye your hair any colour, what would it be? Platinum blonde.
          27. Is the glass half empty or half full? Empty... Needs more drink!
          28. What is your favourite movie? Anything Stanley Kubrick (sp?)
          29. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? Nope
          30. What's under your bed? Junk and stuff. I should really clean it at some point.
          31. What is your favourite number? 12
          32. Favourite sport to watch? Cricket. Not that I understand it, but no-one else seems to either.
          33. If you won آ£10 million, would you share? Yes.
          34. Where would you go, what would you do? Short of ruling the world, I would go to Japan and become a manga artist.
          35. If you could purchase any car you wanted, what would it be? A Lotus, I think, any of the new ones.

Comment

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT?I live with my son, in a 3 bedroomed, Victorian terraced house in London.
            2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Just finished Mother London, about to start rereading Gormenghast.
            3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Nothing, I am using a laptop with built in pad.
            4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Chess I suppose, but more of a video game fan. In which case, it would have to be Phantasy Star Online on Xbox Live.
            5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Time Out, so I know all the events I could go to in London, and Games Master- sad I know, but I do like console and pc gaming.
            6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? The sea, pine forests.
            6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? The underground in London.
            7. FAVORITE SOUND? The first note of any of my many favourite cds from my ever growing music collection.
            8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? How being bullied makes you feel.
            9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Oh shit, not time for work again!
            10. FAVORITE COLOR? Black, what I wear mostly.
            11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? 2/3.
            12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? I have two teenage sons, I certainly don't want more! But Elric would be a strong contender.
            13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? My friends.
            14. FAVORITE FOODS? Pizza.
            15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Vanilla.
            16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? NO, only on video games.
            17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? A mutant bunny maybe :)
            19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? SAAB.
            20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? God.
            21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Lager, Stella in particular.
            22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Saggitarius
            24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? Rock Star
            25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? My hair is dyed red, and that is how I like it!
            27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? Half full always.
            28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? 'Withnail and I' at the moment.
            29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Yes
            30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Nothing
            31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 9
            32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? I hate sport- only watch extreme sport like blading, skateboarding with a mild interest.
            33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? Yes, with family and friends.
            34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Give up work and travel.
            35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE?Anything better than my current Fiat.

Comment

This is a good idea Jerico. I hope more people post, too. I always like to know a bit about the people who post on a board. Makes them more than just a name in pixels.

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? Wood frame house, built circa 1885.
              2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The Revenge of the Rose, by our Mr. M. Lords and Ladies by Terry Pratchett. Putting the Tarot to Work by Mark McElroy.
              3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Using a laptop with no mouse pad, but my desktop computer has a mouse pad with an image from a Web site called Pemberley, for fans of Jane Austen.
              4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? I'm more into video games now-a-days, but we have Monopoly, Clue, and Scrabble.
              5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Don't read magazines much. I like National Geographic.
              6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? I'm really sensitive to smells. I love the scent of my husband's skin and the smell of my child's hair. I love the scent of chocolate, vanilla, lavender, roses, spices, tea, coffee. I also love the smell of the woods, especially just after it rains.
              6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? I abhorr cigarette smoke-- it smells as bad as rotten flesh and shit. I have asthma, so smoke also causes me a lot of pain.
              7. FAVORITE SOUND? The voices of my husband and child.
              8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Fear-- fear of losing my husband or child, fear of being attacked, fear of abandonment.
              9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Going back to sleep!
              10. FAVORITE COLOR? Green. But I'm an artist and I love all colours.
              11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? I have four rings before it goes to voice mail. I have caller ID, so I'll answer it after one ring if it's someone I want to talk to.
              12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? No longer in the future but here now: Lilja. It's Finnish, means lily.
              13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? My husband and child.
              14. FAVORITE FOODS? Chocolate.
              15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate, but I like vanilla, too.
              16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Usually about 10 over the speed limit if it is a road with little traffic. I don't like anyone in front of me, dictating my pace, but I also hate being tailgated. How about this-- when I leave the house, everyone get off the road and leave me to it.
              17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Well, if my husband has had too much for dinner, I suppose he could, technically, be considered a stuffed animal.
              19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Chevy Nova with large amounts of Bondo. I didn't own it; my parents let me use it.
              20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? Um, well, I've met a lot of living people. Not too many dead ones. Rather dull conversationalists, your dead. As for famous people, Michael Moorcock, of course. Others: Terry Pratchett, Jane Austen, Stendhal. Not too many actors I would care to meet other than Damien Lewis, Rowan Atkinson, John Cleese, Patricia Routledge and a few more of the older British actresses. Absolutely no one from L.A. or Hollywood. Can't stomach those personalities.
              21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Vouvray, or any other semi-sweet, good quality wine.
              22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Gemini.
              23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? No.
              24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? A writer.
              25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? I've never dyed my hair and don't want to. I like the colour it is already, despite being teased for it as a child.
              27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? Of what? Half empty or half full is not as relevant as what is in the glass.
              28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? Hmm, tough one. I like lots of movies. Ridicule. Certain productions of Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and Persuasion. The Austin Powers movies. Master and Commander. Damn the Defiant. The Thin Man movies. Shrek.
              29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Yes, but not particularly well.
              30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Boxes of clothes that I hope will someday fit again before they go out of style. And a chamber pot, just in case.
              31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? I try to avoid numbers whenever possible.
              32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? None.
              33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? Yes.
              34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I'd take my family to England, Europe, Finland, other places. I'd make donations to charities I like, especially women's issues and anti-tobacco organisations. I'd start some sort of scholarship program.
              35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I already have the vehicle I wanted-- a dark green Jeep Liberty. My husband wants a Mini Cooper. I wouldn't turn my nose up at a Jaguar or an Audi, either.
              WWED -- What Would Elric Do?

Comment

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? 4 bedroom house, Houston TX, w/ wife & 3 kids

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Soldier of Arete, Gene Wolfe; The Annals of Imperial Rome, Cornelius Tacitus; A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No mouse pad. It limits my mov't

4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Scrabble; video game - Battlefield 1942 and its mods. If you see "VonWeiner" its me! :twisted:

5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? EGM; GMR (video gaming mags)

6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? Coffee; Hot Bread

6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? Burning flesh; burning metal; vomit

7. FAVORITE SOUND? Motorcycle engine (mine); daughter's laughter

8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Losing my family; or the worst I've ever had was when my first motorcycle was stolen: '87 FZR1000. Here's a picture of me on that bike - still have this pic in my wallet - ahhh sad...

9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Must have coffee

10. FAVORITE COLOR? Green, same as my eyes

12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Got 3 already, so I guess "Whoops!" :lol:

13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Health and family

14. FAVORITE FOODS? Hأ¤agen-Dazs Dulce de Leche; Pizza

15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? CHOCOLATE

16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Yes, but since I'm old and with a family I don't anymore.

19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Lancia Zagato

20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? My Grandfather, Chappy - he loved to play cards with me while he smoked his hidden stash of Cuban cigars.

21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Beer

22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Pisces

23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? No

24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? Author; History professor

25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? My own - brown

27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? Both

28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? Blade Runner, Excalibur, Conan the Barbarian

29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? I use both the right and left keys. :lol: Actually I don't, I have gotten the hunt & peck thing down to a science.

30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Floor

31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 7

32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Soccer (football)

33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? Yes

34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Europe, never been there. What would I do? Party, party, party.

35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Ferrari F50, Cobra, Old Aston Martin (007 had one), too many to list.
                When they had advanced together to meet on common
                ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Re: Member Questionnaire!

Crikey, that's a lot of questions (and a lot of answers to read). Here goes:

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? Back in my parents' house after a few years away at university. 70s semi-detached in quiet English countryside (I hear the cows mooing sometimes). Also near the seaside. Lucky me!
                  2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Blood by Mr Moorcock and The Second Sex by Simone De Beauvoir
                  3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? The PowerPuff Girls (my choice)
                  4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Poleconomy, the dullest board game known to man or beast (and therefore a true challenge).
                  5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Total Film (monthly film reviews, etc.). Although right now I'd kill for a copy of the French edition of Elle with Ludivine Sagnier on the cover.
                  6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? Oil, wet paint and seaweed.
                  6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? Burning flesh.
                  7. FAVORITE SOUND? Well, for the sake of decency I'll say "purring" and leave it at that.
                  8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Reading that your best friend in the world has died, knowing you can't go to the funeral.
                  9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Where's my dream journal?
                  10. FAVORITE COLOR? Green.
                  11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? I don't answer. We have machines for that (so passive agressive).
                  12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Alexander Huberht.
                  13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Accepting that it ends.
                  14. FAVORITE FOODS? Bagels, hummous, chocolate.
                  15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Triple choc, with choc chips and sauce.
                  16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? I like to be driven fast. I can't drive.
                  17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Yes. Move along.
                  19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? n/a
                  20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? Ludivine Sagnier, but only if she'll dance for me (she's a French actress, from Swimming Pool , Peter Pan and 8 Women)
                  21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Rum and cola.
                  22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Gemini. I do take an interest in my horoscope, but don't take it too seriously.
                  23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Not that I know of. Is that a bad thing? I'll have to read everyone else's answers.
                  24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? Being paid to do what I do naturally (read, draw comicks, keep journals).
                  25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? I have the dye, but am too scared to use it. It's called "cosmic blue" and is basically jet black with a royal blue tint. I bought the permanent version, and I can't be bothered growing it out. There is a washable version now, so I might try that sometime. All part of my goth-envy.
                  27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? It's half-full, and there's a little cocktail umbrella and ice (if you have the right sort of eyes).
                  28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? Amelie. Did I mention that already?
                  29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? I type with my index fingers only. I tried "touch typing" at school, but I can do 40wpm with my index fingers, so I don't see the point. Also, you move your eyes more if you look at the keys, so they bleed less after several hours at a computer.
                  30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Boxes of books from my university days and all of my coursework, just waiting to be pulled out and dusted off when I need the perfect quote. Also, a red/white/blue sweat-band.
                  31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? Three.
                  32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? The parallel bars. No idea why, I just like to see people swinging back and forth so quickly without losing their grip. That might be a metaphor for something.
                  33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? Absolutely. Friends, charities... nobody needs that much money. It's obsecne.
                  34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I'd like to see Paris someday, but not as a tourist.
                  35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? It would be Lambourgini Countach. I can't drive, so I'd just sit in the garage drooling over it.
                  "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Re: Member Questionnaire!

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? House with SO, Northern California
                    2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card, "The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ" by Anne Catherine Emmerich, "Wreckers of Civilization" by Simon Ford, "The Art of Noises" by Luigi Russolo, "Eaters of the Dead" by Michael Crichton (just finished it actually - it must be his only even half-way decent book), (rereading) "The Glass Hammer" By K.W. Jeter, (rereading) "Flow My Tears the Policeman Said" by P.K. Dick, (rereading) several short things by William Burroughs, (rereading) "The Duchess of Malfi" by John Webster
                    3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I use a trackball (silver with red ball)
                    4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Monopoly, Scrabble
                    5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Not applicable
                    6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? Good smelling people, a roasting turkey
                    6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? The usual - human waste, skunk, pure chlorine
                    7. FAVORITE SOUND? Music
                    8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Being unable to help people you love
                    9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Who am I? Where am I? Is this my room?
                    10. FAVORITE COLOR? Black
                    11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? Usually just one, or I am screening
                    12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Not applicable
                    13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Happiness
                    14. FAVORITE FOODS? Sushi, any seafood
                    15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate (Belgian preferred)
                    16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? No
                    17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Hell no
                    19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Fiat Spider 2000
                    20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? Helen Mirren, 20 years ago
                    21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Vodka, straight and freezer cold
                    22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Aries
                    23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Of course
                    24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? President of the U.S. for 12 years so that I could stop the bullshit
                    25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? Black, it's dark brown now
                    27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? Half full
                    28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? Prospero's Books
                    29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Sometimes - I have an injury to my right hand that occasionally troubles me
                    30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Empty Space
                    31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 69
                    32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Sports are a distraction and I generally think that they are appallingly silly. Knowing that someone really likes to follow sports doesn't in any way improve my opinion of that person, it probably detracts from that opinion.
                    33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? With my family, yes - but that's actually not that much money any longer. I'd need 25-50% just for myself and my SO to retire comfortably.
                    34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I'd retire and share the money responsibly with my father, mother, nephew and niece. I'd buy a different house built to spec as a 3 story wooden Victorian. I might move to a more sensible country.
                    35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? A hybrid vehicle powered with as much help from the Sun as possible. Otherwise, maybe a 50s Thunderbird. Something like that. I don't really care about cars. I drive carefully, trying not to kill or be killed.

Comment

OK
                      1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? small house with a nice garden outside of Buenos Aires, Argentina.(with my dad)
                      2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?just finished Huxleyآ´s Counterpoint and Felliniآ´s Giulietta.
                      3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? a mouse and ashes.
                      4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? none.
                      5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? last one I read.
                      6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? fresh coffee, my girl, mint.
                      6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? wet dogs :lol:
                      7. FAVORITE SOUND? bells.
                      8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?misunderstanding.
                      9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? what was I dreaming?
                      10. FAVORITE COLOR? I just realized I donآ´t know.
                      11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?2-3
                      12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Iآ´ll ask him/her.
                      13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Dreaming.
                      14. FAVORITE FOODS? any.
                      15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? chocolate.
                      16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? no.
                      17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?not in the last 20 years.
                      19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? donآ´t remember.
                      20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? just one?ok. Aleister Crowley :twisted:
                      21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? wine
                      22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Scorpio
                      23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?Yeah
                      24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE?professional wanderer.
                      25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? white or blue.
                      27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?canآ´t believe I thought about it for a second.
                      28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? just one?again?Blade runner.
                      29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? think not.
                      30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? clothes, dust and coins.
                      31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 9
                      32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? anything but baseball.
                      33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? sure.
                      34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? just keep going.
                      35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I donآ´t know.I donآ´t like cars.

Comment

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? A mobile home right now . . . :( It's a nice one but still I hate the social stigmatism that comes with /those/ places. Cause its not true in my case.

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Tales of the White Wolf

3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? An alternate movie poster for Transformers the Movie

4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Do not play boardgames

5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Don't really have a favorite.

6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? Jasmine, Wisteria, Vanilla, Musk, Drakorr Noir (sp)

6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? Sour milk

7. FAVORITE SOUND? There are many. The sound of a 440 4bbl in pristine street-stomping condition. I love the sound of my 351 2bbl Cleveland in my 74 Ranchero (will sound even better once I get through 'massaging' it) . . . the sound a G1Transformer transforming (cartoon from the 80s). Good music . . . nature sounds specifically water and ocean sounds. Chris Latta's voice (he was a much loved Voice Actor in the 80s)

8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? There are too many to chose from.

9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? I hope I didn't oversleep and how do I feel today.

10. FAVORITE COLOR? Black, purple and various shades of gray

11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? 2-3 . . /if/ I feel like picking it up

12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Do not plan on having children

13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Sense of purpose. To discover/fulfil your destiny

14. FAVORITE FOODS? Pizza (with anything BUT green peppers), plain cheesecake on a graham cracker crust, buffalo wings with ranch dressing, chefs salads (just pile on tons of stuff), fettuccini Alfredo. Just about any type of cheese or cheese dish

15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Vanilla and white chocolate

16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Yes . . . I'm considered a 'passively aggressive' driver. That is an actual term . . . I've also been told I was born with a 'steering wheel in my hand'. And to explain what a passively aggressive driver is:
                        I'm polite but assertive. I am rather fast and firm on the road but am courteous until . . . you pull a no-brainer and possibly endanger me . . . I put some distance between you and myself (and sometimes will let you know via my car how I feel about what you just did) in any way I see fit.

17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? I think I have like a dozen stuffed animals on my bed...and like 18 feather pillows, throw pillows, body pillows. Animal prints, usually cheetah print, or in black or purple fabric. My stuffed elephant, my stuffed Batman (Dark Knight version),and my big Walt Disney Tigger are the stuffed animals not buried by pillows.

19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? A 1968 Dodge Charger R/T. A real R/T not a coupe wanna be. By the numbers...one of the 7400 Chargers in a 92,000(est) production run total that came equipped with a 440/4bbl. one of the handful that came colored bright red (that was later known as Hemi Red) . . . and thankfully someone painted it black before I got it (Red is only good for holiday decorations and spilling blood . . . talk about opposite . . . I wonder if theres a hidden meaning in there?)

20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? Chris Latta (he died in 1994)

21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? I dont really drink. But I do occasionally have a wine cooler

22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Cancer (the moody variant) near the cusp of Leo. First house (main house of the 12...Im a bit fuzzy on that, its been a few years) in Aries

23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Depends on how they are cooked.

24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? A writer, a voice actor. Perhaps a creative director for something or other of interest.

25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? White/blonde...kept it like that for 5 years.

27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? Half empty

28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? mmmmm I dont watch movies much to be honest. A few that pop into mind would be Excaliber (...wonderful movie. Nigal Terry was in it. Thats the only name that comes to mind on who stared in it), The odd animated flick called 'Fire and Ice'. Its more intriguing then a 'favorite' (but that not saying I don't like it) and I do watch it from time to time. The first Heavy Metal movie. Transformers the Movie (1986)

29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? I type with my fingers in the proper position but sometimes my mind goes faster then my hands can keep up (or visa versa) and I can come up with some amazing typos/gibberish O_o . . . I try to catch them before I post but I dont always succeed. You have been warned :P

30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? A chainmail shirt a dear late friend was completing for me. A completed chaimmail ..uhm..forgot what its called. It's the headpiece that goes on before you put you helm on. Some reptile books, some of my AD&D second edition stuff and some other misc. that I would have to get down and dig out to be sure. Mmm perhaps I need to clean under my bed . . .

31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 2 7 21 27

32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Football and horse racing if I happen to catch it on TV. Also like to watch gymnastics.

33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? There are 8 people I would share some with and no one else.

34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?Id go to Scotland. Not sure what I would do there . . .

35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Either a Ford company produced, or one from the original show . . Starsky and Hutch Torino (this is something I've wanted for years so the new movie coming out has nothing to do with it. And for those that are not familier with what the 'Striped Tomato' is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEAWA%3AIT

. . . Or a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona with the Hemi. New car? mmmm Not much new inspires me . . . The Tiberon isnt bad but if money is no option I'd go for a Lamborghini. Or maybe restore my 72 Charger and my 74 Ranchero.
                        Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT?
                          I live in a duplex in Denton, TX with two roommates and four cats.
                          2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
                          Being and Nothingness by Jean-Paul Sartre
                          3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
                          Some kind of space scene with stars and stuff
                          4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
                          Shogun
                          5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
                          Don't generally read them
                          6a. FAVORITE SMELLS?
                          freshly shampooed hair, rain, snow, sex
                          6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?
                          vinegar, vomit, feces, rotting flesh- also I have to agree with flamingo, as I am also a student of the custodial arts
                          7. FAVORITE SOUND?
                          electric guitar, thunder, sex again
                          8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
                          betrayal
                          9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
                          hitting the snooze button
                          10. FAVORITE COLOR?
                          brown
                          11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
                          usually 2-3
                          12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?
                          haven't considered it
                          13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE?
                          self-discipline, friendship
                          14. FAVORITE FOODS?
                          a well cooked hunk of cow
                          15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
                          why pick one?
                          16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
                          I don't drive
                          17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
                          no, just my cat, Catherine
                          19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
                          never had a car
                          20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE?
                          Hm... I've got this wicked crush on Gwyneth Paltrow...
                          21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
                          Guinness
                          22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
                          Cancer
                          23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?
                          sure, if it's cooked right
                          24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE?
                          millionaire playboy aristocrat
                          25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE?
                          dark brown (which I have)
                          27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?
                          depends on how much was in it in the first place. If it was full, it's half empty. If it was empty, it's half full. I guess in most cases it starts out empty.
                          28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?
                          The Man With Two Brains
                          29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?
                          some of them
                          30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
                          my closet. I sleep in a storage space 5'd x 10'l x 4'h about 8 feet off the ground, located above my closet. It's also where I have my computer.
                          31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER?
                          32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
                          I have no interest in sports
                          33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE?
                          I already have a list of exactly who and what I would spend it on. short answer: yes
                          34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
                          I would buy some land and build an underground house somewhere here in Texas so that I could be near my family and friends. I would also buy some land and maybe a small castle somewhere in a more sensible European country. I'd settle for just a small house though. Depends on how I can make the money stretch. The key thing is that it takes money to make more money. Smart investments and such. I'd travel a lot and take care of my friends and selected family members.
                          35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
                          I'm not real interested in cars, but I guess I'd like to have the Interceptor from the Road Warrior or maybe the Mach 5 from Speed Racer.

Comment

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? I live with wife and son in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. The daycare is next door and the elementary school is across the street.
                            2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Breaking Windows (anthology collected from fantasticmetropolis.com) and numerous technical manuals.
                            3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I use a Logitech Marble Mouse (fancy trackball) which does not require a mouse pad. I used to have a mouse pad that had the picture of my nephew on it.
                            4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Aggravation.
                            5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? 2600: It is a must read.
                            6a. FAVORITE SMELLS? garlic, the German pastries my wife makes
                            6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? lasagna (I gag nearly every time)
                            7. FAVORITE SOUND? My son trying to say "fire truck".
                            8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? When the multiverse.org server goes down. I have this feeling at least once a year. 9 months to go!
                            9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Is my family still alive? Sounds corny, I know, and others are saying similiar things, but for those of us with family, some primal concern for our mate and offspring kicks in. I suppose I'm thinking "Where's my shit?"
                            10. FAVORITE COLOR? Black.
                            11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? Random amount. I always answer in a funny voice. If it's a sales call, I stick with the funny voice. I've kept a sales guy on the phone for 10 minutes.
                            12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Boy: Unknown Girl: Rachael or Katherine
                            13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? My family, me, multiverse.org, employment, food, clothing, shelter, and information. Pretty much in that order.
                            14. FAVORITE FOODS? Pepperoni pizza with olives.
                            15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate candy, vanilla yogurt.
                            16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Yes.
                            17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? No.
                            19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? 1966 Toyota Corona.
                            20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? Alive: Sting
                            21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Sambucca, Uzo, Plum Schnapps, but most of all cheap or expensive Champagne. Extra Dry.
                            22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Capricorn.
                            23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Yes.
                            24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? That guy who does that thing at that place. You know the one. Truthfully, I'm doing it now. multiverse.org and working for a school in the computer department fixing computers.
                            25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? Black.
                            27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? Sorry, it's half empty.
                            28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? 1) Blade Runner. 2) Brasil 3) Momento 4) Being John Malcovic 5) Matrix
                            29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Yes. I have been typing since I was about 15 years old. I type an average of 70 words per minute and peak at about 85 wpm.
                            30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? My son's old crib. It is precious to us.
                            31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 420.
                            32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Baseball. I prefer to listen to it on the radio, because I can do stuff while the game is on.
                            33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? Probably not.
                            34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Europe, China, India, and definitely Finland. I would try to learn every language I encountered. I am a good mimic, so when I do learn a language (I speak German) I mimic the voice of the person who is teaching me. So I have a small vocabulary, but I speak it perfectly. I learned German with a Bavarian dialect (I learned in Wurzburg) and my wife if from Munster and they have a completely different dialect. Whenever I speak to her in German, she always goes, "Huuuuuh?" She's got that famous Northern arrogance towards Southerns. I know my pronounciation is dead on, because when I talk to Bavarians I get compliments! Go figure!
                            35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? A remote control Tonka.
                            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? I live in my 3 bed 2.5 bath house with my wife of almost 4 yrs. and our 2 yr. old daughter. We also house 2 cats and one dog.
                              2. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING NOW? Beyond Belief by E. Pagels, Everyday Tao by Ding Ming Dao, and rereading The Ice Schooner by MM.
                              3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No mouse pad any more, but I use to have a Ouija board pad.
                              4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Ouija :D or Chess or Go
                              5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? One that isn't publishing any more, Gnosis.
                              6a. FAVORITE SMELL? Steak
                              6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELL? Rotting animal carcass.
                              7. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Fire crackilin', River runnin', wind blowin', ocean tidin', rainin', thunderin', kinda sounds.
                              8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? The 'oh shit' moment before an auto accident
                              9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? What can I use from my dreams? Any themes? Images?
                              10. FAVORITE COLORS? Dark Green, and Black
                              12. CHILD'S NAME? Sophia Winter LVH
                              13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Sophia's smile :D The Appreceation of Life itself, and to realize the interconectedness of it all.
                              14. FAVORITE FOODS? Cookies, Its a weakness.
                              15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate
                              16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Not as much as I used to. I tend to enjoy the ride nowadays.
                              17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? No, but I do have a pillow that I clutch.
                              19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? '83 Buick Regal
                              20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE? I actually have a dream dinner party, but Just One? hmmm... W. Blake.
                              21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? A local microbrew Wheat Beer.
                              22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Saggitarus
                              24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? Jugador
                              25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE? Why would I do that to my Hair?! Jet Black w/ an Ace of Dimonds Red streak
                              27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? That's a trick question, and I refuse to answer it!!
                              28. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES? Uhhh, Deadman, 12 Monkeys, The Fifth Element, Dark City, Blade Runner, A Bridge too far, Dangerous Beauty, Fight Club, Kill Bill vol. 1 and Jacob's Ladder...
                              29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? No, but I do use all my fingers.
                              30. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Some dirty clothes, shoes, a comic book (M.M.'s Multiverse to gaze at before sleep), and the trapdoor to my underground shrine...
                              31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 7
                              32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? U.S. Football
                              33. IF YOU WON $10 MILLION, WOULD YOU SHARE? Yes.
                              34. WHERE WOULD YOU GO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I would carry on with life as normal.
                              35. IF YOU COULD PURCHASE ANY CAR YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I already got it, the Volvo XC70.

Comment

Working...
                              X