Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New User Saying "Hello."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User Saying "Hello."

Hello everyone. This web site is great. I had no idea I'd find a place to actualy post messages to discuss my favorite books ever. :D

I purchased the Swords Trilogy a long long time ago when I was young. I think I had just finished the original Dragon Lance series of books and was simply looking for something else fantasy to read. Over the years I've lost about 75% of my Dragon Lance books, but The Swords Trilogy has been on a shelf or desk clearly in sight all this time. I think I've read the book 4-5 times already.

So now I find there are more books that have to do with Corum and this Elric character. I don't know where to start. What should I read next? I'd like to read more about Corum if it doesn't "ruin" anything for me by reading it before the Elric series.

Again great site, great books. Thanks.

Charlie

I found that you could read any of Michael's series in any order (not the the books within the series but the series themselves).

You could read the Corum books first or Elric, either way you'll find yourself saying, "ah-hah!". The thing I've loved about most of the M.M. books I've read is the fact that there always is some relation between all of the stories/books. I've tried to read as much of his work as I could get my hands on - I search for books by author not title or genre.

Anyway, that's my humble opinion, for what it is worth...

:lol:

ps. the Saberhagen(sp?) books were good... - again, my opinion
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Thanks. I'm a bit confused. Can anyone list for me the different series and the names of the books and if there is a book that contains the other books. Example being my Sword Trilogy book. (I prefer an all in one book to several seperate books)

I would very much appreciate it. This way I can get to ordering some books to read :)

Thanks!

-Charlie

Comment

Might I recommend for you my newbie's guide?

[broken link]

The list is by no means comprehensive, but the meat of the series is there and I suggest my own reading order.
        Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Exactly what i was looking for. Thank you very much.

I think I'll go with The Chronicles of Corum next as I love the character.
          I'm always angry when I finish reading the Swords Trilogy because I want more. Now that Corum no longer has his special hand and eye, it will be interseting to see if I like these books.

-Charlie

Comment

I like the Chronicles better than the Swords Trilogy actually.

Comment

I highly recommend the Elric series; think Corum with a mean streak. There are two volumes in the Eternal Champion series from Gollancz; the two omnibus editions "Elric of Melnibonأ©" and "Stormbringer" contain the bulk of the albino's exploits.

There's also been a recent follow up trilogy starting with "The Dreamthief's Daughter". The two Corum trilogies are also published in similar omnibuses.

Comment

Working...
              X