Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Everyone welcome Goblindegook, won't you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone welcome Goblindegook, won't you?

For those who don't know, Goblindegook is the editor of www.fantasticmetropolis.com and it's companion paper publication that enjoys Mike's participation and influence. I happen to know that Goblin AKA Luأ­s Rodrigues has copies of BREAKING WINDOWS on hand. I also happen to know he's pure genius in multiple languages, human and computer. Multiverse.org continues to manage (as best I can) to keep Fantastic Metropolis's ISP needs satisfied. While his site has enjoyed hacking community, it was at the mercy of multiverse.org's ISP woes.

I just noticed he registered. Finals must be over. :lol:

EDIT: hacking community should be hacking immunity.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

I would love to say hello, I am just not sure which way would be best. Should I go over to fantasticmetropolis as I am not sure how often he visits here (seems like he's a busy guy).

Maybe I'll look at FM again and say hello.
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Re: Everyone welcome Goblindegook, won't you?

Thanks for the kind, if hyperbolic, introduction, Berry! Alas, finals are not over. In fact, I have a test in 90 minutes . . . Still, I won't forget to visit occasionally for a chat.

Cheers,
      Luأ­s

Comment

[Dee is about to welcome Goblindegook when he becomes distracted by the link... "Ooh, an Alan Moore piece about Jerry!"... Focus, man focus!!]

Hello, and welcome to MWM... although I can see why you might be too busy to visit regularly. That's a great site you've got going there... I feel quite ashamed I hadn't visted it before now.
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
          [Dee is about to welcome Goblindegook when he becomes distracted by the link... "Ooh, an Alan Moore piece about Jerry!"... Focus, man focus!!]

Hello, and welcome to MWM... although I can see why you might be too busy to visit regularly. That's a great site you've got going there... I feel quite ashamed I hadn't visted it before now.
          A thank you! A Welcome! And duly bookmarked.

:)

Comment

Welcome! And good luck with finals.

For what it's worth, I love Breaking Windows. Great work on your site.

Comment

Hi there. Looks like an excellent site.
              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Welcome Goblindegook! I like your avatar. FM looks like a great site and I can see myself hanging out there a lot.

Comment

Thanks, everybody! If you haven't visited Fantastic Metropolis in the last 24 hours, there's a little holiday surprise waiting for you there: I have redesigned the whole site with a new backend (based on WordPress) and will be uploading fresh content tonight.

Cheers,
                  Luأ­s

Comment

Welcome, Goblindegook!

I'm with Grey... cool avatar, man!
                    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Goblin,

I just visited your new site and I am very impressed. Great style. That's not to say the old site was hard on the eyes, but I feel this revamp really revitalises your site. Great work!

Comment

I agree. Great new look Luis! :)

Comment

Hi there Goblindegook. Have a bagel.
                          Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

..And a ferret.

Welcome, friend.

Comment

Working...
                            X