Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Hello all, this is my first time visiting Mr. Moorcock's site and I figured I'd say hello. I was looking up information about the Elric movie planned for, well, the near future as far as I can tell and figured I'd visit the site here.

A little bit about myself, my real name is Elric James Colvill (yup, I'm named after everyone's favorite albino emperor. My father was a fan, as am I. How could I not be?) and I'm a college student from Ames, Iowa, USA. I'm an English Literature and Military History student and I'm also a writer, primarily in the fantasy, sci-fi, horror, and thriller genres. I recently completed work on my first novel and am in editing right now.

Well, not much else to say for now, but I'll be around. Till later.

Glad you dropped by, Elric! (My, but it feels weird saying that.)
    You and your cool name are most welcome here at MWM! Cheers!
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Hopefully your dad didn't purposely underfeed you and keep you from going out in the sunlight! Actually, it's a perfectly cool name, though I imagine you'll hear plenty if the movie is popular and brings our hero into the mainstream at last.
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Hi and hello. I'm new here myself. Named after one of Mike's most famous characters, how cool is that? 8)
        'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Hi and welcome Elric, hope you enjoy it here and return often. What I wouldn't give for an interesting name like that! But, when the movie comes out...
          :D

Comment

When my wife worked at the grocery store in the bakery, someone ordered a birthday cake. They wanted "Happy Birthday Nelix" painted on it. :roll:
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Hello Elric, and welcome back to the kingdom... as it were.

I'm curious, do people ever just assume you said "Eric"? I imagine you must have a lot of trouble giving your name to people over the phone?

D...
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Hi, Elric! Welcome aboard.

At my last job, a customer of mine was also called Elric and was extremely suprised when instantly asked if he was named after our favourtie albino. Seems he was used to people thinking nothing of his name... but when a Moorcock fan was around, he had no chance of it slipping past unnoticed!
                Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

I pretty new here myself, but I'm goining to say hello and welcome anyway. Nice to meet you...

Comment

The Joys of a name like Elric

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome first of all and in response to a few specifics...

DeeCrowSeer: God, you have no idea. I usually get called Eric, but then there's Eldric, Edwick, Urlich, and my personal favorite... Elvis (that was my pediatrican many years ago. Putz).

Bob: You knew someone else named Elric? Bloody hell, I thought I was the only one :D.

Dead Air: Well, I am pretty pale, of my own choice, but being underfed has never been a problem. As my father always described me to other people 'he's about six feet tall and built like a brick privy". So underfed, not a problem.

Well, maybe I could suck-up to MM here at some point within the next couple of years and I could get a spot as an extra in one of the movies :D.

We can all dream, can't we? Thanks again everyone, and I'll be around though infrequently at the moment since I'm without home internet access, which I hope to change soon. Till later.

Comment

Working...
                    X