Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A big thank you to Michael Moorcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corum
    replied
    That kinda sums up my story also!

Having ones eyes opened like us reminds me a little of the parable of the Garden of Eden. I lost my religon by the time I went to college but instead I believe I have been grown spritually during the search for truth.

Best
    C

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks, pard. Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic A big thank you to Michael Moorcock

A big thank you to Michael Moorcock

This may sound like pure tosh (rubbish) but it is true non- the-less.

I was fourteen and was not doing well at school and I found a book, The Knight of Swords. It wasn't thick, so I wasn't troubled. I hadn't ever read a book, only bits and pieces. I completed it that Sunday morning. I was hooked I had to get the others; and I read the series. I then moved on to Hawkmoon and Co. Elric came next, all that summer I read Michael's books and have never looked back.

They opened my eyes to a new world. I came back from that summer holiday to a new year at school a different person. I got into D&D and began reading heavily any fantasy I could get.

Today I still love the books and still play D&D, even though I am now 36.

I am not exagerating when I say that it was reading Michaels books that forced my mind to develop and grow intellectually. I passed my exams and went on to be a proffessional in my chosen field.

I look back to that summer with great fondness and Corum has a special place in my heart.

Thanks agin.

:oops:
Working...
X