Publishing History (UK)
- Hardcover, Secker & Warburg, 400pp., ISBN: 0-436-28458-8, Jun 1981, reprinted 1984
- Trade Paperback, Fontana, 416pp., ISBN: 0-00-616512-5, 26 Aug 1982
- Trade Paperback, Flamingo, 416pp., ISBN: 0-00-654138-0, 10 Oct 1982, Cover by Chris Corr
- Trade Paperback, Jonathan Cape, 416pp., ISBN: 0-224-03542-8, 16 July 1992, Cover by Andrew Hirniak
- Trade Paperback, Phoenix, 416pp., ISBN: 1-85799-043-9, 7 April 1994, Cover by Robin Cracknell
- Trade Paperback, Vintage, 416pp., ISBN: 0-099-48509-5, 5 Jan 2006, Cover by Stephen Parker
Publishing History (US)
- Hardcover, Random House, ISBN: 0-394-51972-8, 1981, Cover by John Sposato - This edition had its text censored.
- Paperback, PM Press, 400pp., ISBN: 978-1-60486-491-5, March 2012, Cover by Linda Steele - This edition uses the uncensored text
- eBook, PM Press, ISBN: 978-1-60486-491-5d, March 2012
- "Originally I had planned to stop writing fantasy and concentrate on what became the Pyat series but then I had a setback with the Pyat book (it was rejected by the original publisher) and in the lull between not selling the Pyat and selling it (actually to a much better publisher and for a better advance!) I had signed up for The Warhound and the World's Pain. Admittedly a more ambitious adventure fantasy than Hawkmoon, say, but not much doubt that I hadn't given up writing it! Since then, of course, I've written less fantasy but tried to make it as substantial as possible. That was one of the intentions with Gloriana."
We provide the links below as clues to where to begin your search for this book. We do not guarantee its availability. You may find books not related to Michael Moorcock with the links below, especially where there are many similar titles. Moorcock's Miscellany does not sell books, but we get a small commission from each of the sellers below that goes toward the upkeep of this site.